Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Amazon ads are crazy, with so much advice on Facebook and YouTube as to how to optimize them, yet leaving many scratching their heads. Most said it's better to pause a keyword if it fails to produce sales after 20 clicks. A few did say leave it for more data when I was at 30 clicks. Obviously Amazon would be keen to keep it going, because it was earning them money. Many said to expect 1 click per 1000 impressions? Not sure where that comes from when I look at mine.

The problem was I ended up with 90 clicks @29c from the 1st of May to the 12th and only 1 sale on 1 keyword, with nothing on the other keywords, on a previously performing ad that I stopped over a year ago when bids got out of hand. Besides the advice, my head agreed with the majority, but my heart said leave it a few days as I wasn't in too big a hole.. At that bid cost,10 clicks equals my royalty, or 9 sales yet I only had 1 as I said.

Low and behold, then this happens in 3 days. For the last 3 days, it comes out at 6.8 clicks for the 5 sales, again not fantastic, but getting there.. Not a fantastic ACOS, but it'll do. Of course, it might not stay that way. It surprises me that just 1 keyword can produce so many clicks on so few impressions and such a low bid and make 5 sales. Equally I was shocked that it would take 90 clicks for 1 sale. There again clicks might not be coming from the book page, but from searches.

Just to say, the keyword is a book title and I clicked "exact". The book in question is $1 dearer than mine but I only have 67 reviews and theirs has hundreds, but they have a slightly lower rating. Both our books were published around the same time, but their rank isn't as high as it used to be to expect much traffic.

Interested to know if you would have cancelled the keyword?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think you can remove this specific keyword, but if you can't you can put just 1 cent for this keyword and for sure you will not win any auction for this price, and if you won anyone, you will spend just 1 cent.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Everything is so mess up right now, it's hard to tell when a sale was made. The beta reports don't match the original reports, and some books that I know sold last month aren't showing up until this month. It makes it really hard to judge if AMS ads are doing well. I tried eliminating all the keywords except the one or two that were producing results. The rest were just a money drain. Now I'm not using the ads at all. If I can't make more than I spend, especially since Amazon counts the list price and not what we actually make, what's the point?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts