Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about what others do. One of my books (not in sig) is down to 93 on the free list. I'm on my second day right now. How soon do you all pull the plug? Do you wait until it starts to drop again or do you get out while you're riding high?I'm new to the whole free thing so any help at all is appreciated.  :)

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I would tend to ride it out, but it's somewhat situational. If the book is in a series, that's more incentive to keep it free to pull in new readers and hopefully grab some sales on the other books. If the book's a standalone and the downloads are really drying up, well, there's an argument for pulling the plug sooner and getting it back on the paid lists.

The other thing to look at is whether you've had any free site mentions today. Even small sites can add up as people check their email, FB, etc. later in the day. But if it's been all quiet on the Google front, then you might cut it off.

On the other hand, if there's nothing much to lose by keeping it free, you may as well let it run and take advantage of its rank while you've got it. #93 free ain't bad.

·
Registered
Just finished Screamcatcher: Sasquatch Most Monstrous, fourth in series. Agent has it.
800 Posts
I generally run two to three free days, max. I announce the free dates beforehand and push it hard during its free days. I take whatever it gives me. I can only hope that it leads to sales on the other titles. Big problem, though: the other titles are all different genres and don't seem to feed off the free book. I'm on my first of two days with one now. Downloads are about 275 and climbing. But I don't expect much. I have trouble with the cover or the blurb and I can't tell which. You're doing much, much better.

I would ride it out if it keeps climbing and you have a series. Let that sucka go!

chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts