Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Like everyone else, I imagine they're more or less on break till January 2, so I wouldn't bother checking till at least then. After that, your guess is as good as mine. :)

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
My New Year's resolution is to go direct to Apple. I've had it with Smashwords.

(Oh, and FYI...Smashwords is located in Los Gatos, CA -- Silicon Valley. Silicon Valley has so many semiconductor manufacturing plants that have to run continuously, but because lots of employees take off for Christmas it becomes too expensive to run the plant for the few people who are there, so as a result it's traditional in Silicon Valley to literally close everything down for 2 weeks in late December. Yes, I know Smashwords is not an engineering firm, but they probably take their cues from their colleagues and neighbors, particularly since Kobo and Apple are closed anyway.)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Some of the people at Smashwords are probably working their tails off to get the ePub upload working by New Year's.  I suspect that some of the same people normally would work on the channel updates. 

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
They update once a month. They did it early in December. I wouldn't expect it for a few more weeks. I really don't care how often they update as much as what they're doing to screw up my books.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts