Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added up the cost of all my electronics I usually carry around at school or in my purse...came out to a lot more than I expected.
School:
Hp Laptop-700
Zune- 250
Earphones- 30 (skullcandy) and 10
Kindle-300
Phone- 100-150
Purse:
Zune- 250
Earphones- 10
Kindle-300
Phone- 100-150
I shall curse the day I forget my bookbag or purse anywhere other than home. you?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
The total value of all my stuff hit me the other day when I was putting my backpack into the trunk of my car; I was in a crowded parking lot and there were tons of people around, and I realized if one of them snatched it, I'd be out a good $1500, between my laptop, iTouch, and Kindle. Insurance would cover it if taken from my car, but dang it would be inconvenient...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Haha, Yea I guess I never thought of it that way either. For me, it's just my blackberry when I got to work. $400
Kindle stays at home usually.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hmmmm I only carry my $9 phone, $75 camera and about $20 in money, all in a fanny pack.  If my kindle goes along it is in an over the shoulder/neck bag - would rather lose the other stuff (maybe not my camera) then my kindle.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
The other night I was sitting at my mom's.  One of her neighbors came in and commented about all of the electronics that we had surrounding us.  There were 2 cell phones, one Sansa MP3 player, an Ipod, 2 digital recorders (for my work), 2 SD cards, a CF reader, 3 laptops, my Kodak camera, her very nice camera, and last, but definitely not lease, a K1 and K2. 
deb

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Oooohhh - don't think I'd better _add_ it up. But as for listing:
Purse has:
Kindle
mp3 player
smartphone
& Briefcase usually has:
laptop

I also live in a household of 5 people and at least 2 computers per person! Drives DH crazy, even tho he has more computers than anyone else.  ::)

·
Registered
918 Posts
This is why I bought a zune for $100 and a kindle 1 for $210. My friend's purse with ALL her stuff got snatched from her a long time ago, and this made me kinda paranoid. But I just bought an oberon cover for kindle 1. Hmm...maybe I should just leave the cover home.  :-\

1 - 12 of 12 Posts