Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*eat a raspberry I'm transported back to summer, even if it's 40 below. And not just any summer, a mythical perfect summer.

*am around a body of water, I become more creative.

*smell Jack Daniels, I am instantly queasy. This is due to an incident before I was of legal drinking age, so it serves me right.

*hear the song Should Have Been a Cowboy I think of when my heartdog Riley was just a puppy and had not quite 13 more years with me. We were waiting in the car for my husband to come out of the credit union, the song came on, and I changed it to Should Have Been a Sheepdog.

*see Urban Cowboy, My Cousin Vinny, a Yorkie, or laugh in a certain familiar way, I think of my mom.

*see certain actors or actresses, I think of the soaps they were on a trillion years ago. I'm thinking of you, Demi!

*see other actors or actresses, I think of Buffy or another Whedon show. I'm thinking of you, Nathan Fillion. (Although he was also on One Life To Live...)

*see, read, or hear about a frog, I think of my friend Ronda.

*see a quilt, I think about my friend Jeanna.

*smell the scent that comes with spring, I become optimistic.

You?  :)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Whenever I:

hear a train whistle I'm transported back to my childhood bedroom, listening to the trains at night.  I've always lived where I could hear train whistles.  Not as easy here, overcast days are best.

Betsy

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
...use my Kindle; I'm impressed by the technology all over again
...demonstrate my Kindle; I get a rush watching the amazement on the observer's face
...hear knuckles crack...I cringe (worse than nails on a chalkboard)
...put my perfume on in the morning; I think my first date w/hubby, 30 years ago; he told me I smelled pretty.
...taste the salt on a margarita; and take that first sip...I smack my lips and say aaaaahhhh.
...talk to my favorite aunt...end the call with I love you
...look at or even hear the ocean...I am grateful
...see the sun shining...I feel warm inside
...it rains...I appreciate the sun even more the next time it comes out
...see snow...I get depressed: hate winter...live in New England; go figure!!
...hear the phone ring...roll my eyes
...see a puppy...I fall in love
...climb in bed...sniff the clean sheets...love the smell
...visit my parents...I fear it may be the last time I see one of them
...see watermelon...I think summer...yay!

·
Registered
621 Posts
* let my toast get cold and dry, I think of my mother. {This was the way she liked hers}
* hear a voice in the crowd call "mom!", my head whips around even though one of my kids is in his thirties and the other in his fifties
*I think about the years I lived in the South, I remember that the question I got asked the most was "You're not from round here, are you..." {I have an English accent.}
* I eat ice cream, I remember Italian gelato.

patrisha

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
*call my dog to come or follow at the dogpark....half the dogs in the park come my way and my dog never comes.
*run out of coffee at the dogpark, its time to go home for refills

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
whenever I
...put on my coat I see my grandmother's hand come out of the sleeve.
...see my youngest son, I'm amazed at how much he looks like my brother.
...when I'm with my oldest son , I'm amazed at how much he acts like my brother.
...see my daughters I stare at them and wonder how they got so smart.
...I see someone smoking I follow them just to breath in second hand smoke.(8 months not smoking)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
....have a glass of Reisling I think of this really great guy I dated.
....eat Wise potato chips and drink a root beer I think of my best friend and our 7th grade lunches. 
....see a sunrise I realize how wonderful life really is.

·
Registered
300 Posts
pomlover2586 said:
Whenever I look at my 3 cats, I remember waking up at 3 am to bottle feed each of them :)
We have three little ones that we hand raised after their mamma kitty was ran over. Lucky that farm3000 knew where the mamma kitty had hid them in the barn. They were just a few days old and now they are all grown up and hanging from my curtains................................ They really have a plush life going from barn cats to housecats.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
When I smell a certain perfume, I remember the betrayal of my Ex.  :eek:

·
Registered
52 Posts
*look at my children sleeping, I'm reminded of when they were tiny babies and I smile.
*read a favorite book, I'm transported into it and can leave the world around me behind.
*finish a pattern I feel a sense of accomplishment!

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
... read this thread, it makes me appreciate even more the goodhearted people who are everywhere, all around us.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Kind said:
When I smell a certain perfume, I remember the betrayal of my Ex. :eek:
I'm sorry. I understand this one.
deb

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Harvey said:
... read this thread, it makes me appreciate even more the goodhearted people who are everywhere, all around us.
ahhh...that is so sweet.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
*talk to my daughter after work, I remember talking to my mother every day after work
*look at my grandchildren I wonder how time past so fast, it was just yesterday when my children were that age
*hear music I remember hearing my dad singing along with the radio
*touch my Oberon cover I remember the leather bound bible I got for my 12th birthday
*see a flag flying, I know what sacrifices men and women in the military make for our freedom
*look out my window and watch the boats go buy I realize how fortunate I am
*watch the news, I am so thankful that my husband, children and grandchildren are all safe

1 - 20 of 27 Posts