Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm on my 1st real month of promotion for my debut novel and it's going great: 210 units sold in 19 days:).

Does anyone have a list of websites, facebook pages, blogs, etc where I can announce my book going for free to maximize the number of downloads and hopefully benefit from word of mouth from pleased readers?

Tks!

Filipa

72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have included links to websites that let you submit your free giveaway in my blogpost on how to go viral on Amazon on http://adeleward.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/going-viral-on-amazon-how-we-did-i.html

The information you need is in the paragraph starting 'You can google websites'. I'm going to add to it as I find more websites but there are plenty in there.

I'm going to write a separate article on the various sites that let you post info on your giveaway with more details about each of them, but I use this blogpost as a checklist to make sure I do everything for my own giveaways for the authors I publish.

72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adele Ward said:
I have included links to websites that let you submit your free giveaway in my blogpost on how to go viral on Amazon on http://adeleward.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/going-viral-on-amazon-how-we-did-i.html

The information you need is in the paragraph starting 'You can google websites'. I'm going to add to it as I find more websites but there are plenty in there.

I'm going to write a separate article on the various sites that let you post info on your giveaway with more details about each of them, but I use this blogpost as a checklist to make sure I do everything for my own giveaways for the authors I publish.
Tks! I'm planning a giveaway for February.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
www.ebookbooster.com has a huge list and you can click on the direct links from their page. Very convenient. They also list the sites you have to notify on the day and I think some Facebook pages where you can post on the day.

72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake' said:
www.ebookbooster.com has a huge list and you can click on the direct links from their page. Very convenient. They also list the sites you have to notify on the day and I think some Facebook pages where you can post on the day.
Perfect! Tks!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thanks for the mention!

I had an author that submitted to the site and they emailed me to tell me they made it to the #3 spot in the Kindle free store with over 24,000 downloads.  There are a lot of factors to reaching that level of success.  One important factor is give the sites at least a week notice before you go free.  This will give them plenty of time to list your ebook.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yes, that's really important advice about sites needing a week's notice to list your free giveaway. Some want 30 days' notice. This means the book has to be available on Kindle well before the giveaway as you need an ASIN. I was planning on launching books with a giveaway and did this with the last one and will also do it with a book on February 14th. But in general the book needs to be available well before the giveaway so the websites might list it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts