Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which lucrative places can I distribute my business cards? I write nonfiction Christian books.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was going to get business cards made up because people would ask me about my book and we would go digging for pen and paper.  Then some smart person on goodreads mentioned they use bookmarks.  If I am in a place like a coffee shop or whatever and they have a bookshelf or seating with a coffee table I will leave it there.  I also can now quickly hand one to people I am talking to.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Your church.

·
Registered
272 Posts
BelleB said:
I was going to get business cards made up because people would ask me about my book and we would go digging for pen and paper. Then some smart person on goodreads mentioned they use bookmarks. If I am in a place like a coffee shop or whatever and they have a bookshelf or seating with a coffee table I will leave it there. I also can now quickly hand one to people I am talking to.
WOw, great idea!!

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
I give the most of them away at book fairs and festivals and signings - whenever somebody says something along the lines of "Oh, I never read anything but e-books." or "I'm not shopping today, but..."

I also tack a few of them up on the bulletin board at work.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Once another writer told me to "slip a few business cards into my monthly bills"; leave them at restaurants (on the tables or hand them to your server or waitress) and, if you dare, you can leave them on the counters where you check out at Wal-Marts, Targets and other stores. Truth is I hand my business cards out everywhere I can. At my bank. Tack them to city hall and store bulletin boards, too. Oh, I also take a stack into my local library and leave them on their check-out desk.

·
Registered
688 Posts
When you say "business cards," what do you mean - the traditional dull little thing in white and black or a large(ish) card that is an eye-catching mini-ad listing lots of your books and websites?  Anyone care to post a sample for the rest of us to see?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Steven
sorry it took so long to answer but I just noticed your question.
I do my business cards at Vista Print where they allow you to download images of your book cover (covers). I pick my best covers and place them on the business card along with my Amazon eBook page address (Tiny URL), my social network addresses like Facebook and Goodreads and my email address. The cover images make for a real colorful business card. I wish I could post a copy of my newest one but can't figure out how to get it from Vista Print to here. Sorry.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I do double sided business cards with books covers and QR codes to my website. I never had any luck with Vista Print, although I know many people who do well there. I can't seem to turn my covers into the right resolution and they keep rejecting me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts