Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like discussions have screeched to a halt..is anyone still doing their daily readings? I really miss the chat. :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I'm sorry I haven't been posting nearly as much.  Our baby is due in 3 weeks (or less, LOL), and I have been busy getting things ready. 

I am more than willing to jump in and answer any questions some may have, though. 

God bless, all.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
mwvickers said:
I'm sorry I haven't been posting nearly as much. Our baby is due in 3 weeks (or less, LOL), and I have been busy getting things ready.

I am more than willing to jump in and answer any questions some may have, though.

God bless, all.
Congrats!!! :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Angela said:
^^

Don't forget to keep us updated!! :)
I will. I cannot guarantee when, as I'm sure life will get quite a bit more hectic when the baby arrives, LOL. But I will as soon as I am able.

:)

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I'm here also but have been posting a lot less.... actually, this will be post #400 for me.  I was spending so much time on KB that I was WAY behind on my actual reading.... so I decided I needed to limit my KB time a little.  My TBR iist just keeps growing.... read one.... add three.  But, I keep thinking that once we're retired - that keeps getting pushed further and further into the future - that maybe I won't be able to afford books as much then and I'll be grateful for my 100 book TBR list.  ::)  Plus, I just can't seem to get too far away from that Bargain Book discussion.... it's better than a sale at a department store for me.
    Plus, I'm on KB less because now that spring is here.... I have so much more work outside that needs to be done.... flower beds, garden etc.  I get a lot more reading and computer time in the winter when the Iowa blizzards keep me inside more.  I will try to do better and get on our OYB discussions more than I have been lately..... I love this group!!

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
I think your observations are correct.
When I had the same thought earlier today, I expanded the stats and found that most measures are lower for the month of May - taking into account that we are only 20 days into it.  And April was somewhat below March.  So we seem to be slowing down a little.
However some of that over time was due to some prolific posters who posted nonsense some of the time in an apparent effort to increase their count.
But in the last couple of weeks we have had a flurry in some threads that have "funneled" the posts - at least I would guess that that was the cause.
Any other observations/opinions?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Hi guys, I am continuing to read and enjoy the OYB and Spurgeon's morning and evening devotions.

After giving it much thought and prayer I made the decision that I needed to utilize my time in a better way. I was spending 2 to 4 hours on KB everyday and more on the weekends. I have stepped down as a moderator here. I am checking the OYB thread everyday but not posting on a daily basis anywhere on KB.

Love you guys!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Good for you Linda. I know when I decided to cut back it was the right decision as well. OYB, the Birthday Thread and Intros are the only places that I constantly keep up with, but the others I pick and choose very selectively and limit my time online. I am getting really good at clicking the Mark as Read button!  ;D

·
Registered
835 Posts
I can totally understand, Linda. At first I spent hours on KB. It is a wonderful place, don't get me wrong, but it can gobble up the time. Now I check in OYB thread & The Book Bazaar once or twice a day. I like having my time to do my reading, both OYB & novels, and to be outside now putzing in the garden and all my other hobbies.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Suzanne said:
I can totally understand, Linda. At first I spent hours on KB. It is a wonderful place, don't get me wrong, but it can gobble up the time. Now I check in OYB thread & The Book Bazaar once or twice a day. I like having my time to do my reading, both OYB & novels, and to be outside now putzing in the garden and all my other hobbies.
Touche' Suzanne.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Glad you are still with us though.  I too have become more selective on the threads I read.  Life is just too short to spend not enjoying all the books out there.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It looks like I joined the group at the wrong time since everyone has decided to cut back on KB time. :( Oh well. I am still really enjoying the daily readings! I also downloaded e-Sword and it's fantastic!

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
It looks like I joined the group at the wrong time since everyone has decided to cut back on KB time. :( Oh well. I am still really enjoying the daily readings! I also downloaded e-Sword and it's fantastic!
There are several Book Klubs going on.....you might want to try one or more.
Or just look around and see what everyone else thinks of the books being read.
I have two discussion threads going on two of Jeff Hepple's books.
Lots to do.
Just sayin......

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know but I really enjoyed the fact that this one was focused on the One Year Bible. :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
I think some of the slow down has to do with the weather getting better and everyone heading outdoors for stuff. Living in Florida I will probably be spending more time indoors away from the heat ;). I have cut back on my KB time though, still check OYB daily , just don't always post anything.

Lynn L

1 - 20 of 43 Posts