Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While Kindle-egg hunting I saw some threads that I really wanted to go back and read *at leisure*, without desperately searching for the elusive eggs.  Some of them are pretty long, so it was taking me a few days, partly from only being at the computer for short bits of time this week and partly from being kicked offline frequently.

So today I see that some of the threads have far fewer pages than they did yesterday.  The first pages are still the same (the original posting/question), and the last pages are the most recent postings, but there are just fewer pages in between.

What happened?
Do the posts get edited after a while?
Did the pages get renumbered so that each page now has twice as many posts?
Is this some technical glitch?
Am I losing my mind?

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Am I losing my mind?
I don't have to ask the question at all. My wife asks it for me, as in, "Are you out of your mind?"

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
This is what I think happened - only 15 topics had been showing per page, and fewer posts were showing per page as Harvey worked on the server issues. When the boards went back to showing 25 topics per page and more posts per page, the page count naturally dropped because of that. What do you think?

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Susan in VA said:
So today I see that some of the threads have far fewer pages than they did yesterday. The first pages are still the same (the original posting/question), and the last pages are the most recent postings, but there are just fewer pages in between.

What happened?
Do the posts get edited after a while?
Did the pages get renumbered so that each page now has twice as many posts?
Is this some technical glitch?
Am I losing my mind?
Mona is exactly right. I just re-read your post more carefully. You are *not* losing your mind..!

All the posts are there. But yesterday I did increase the number of posts displayed per page. So some threads that had multiple pages of posts have fewer pages now, because each page is displaying more posts.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stevene9 said:
I would never be as brave as you to ask that question here. I am afraid that so many Kindleboard members would tell me the truth.

Steve
And then they'd suggest a new Oberon as therapy.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Harvey said:
Mona is exactly right. I just re-read your post more carefully. You are *not* losing your mind..!

All the posts are there. But yesterday I did increase the number of posts displayed per page. So some threads that had multiple pages of posts have fewer pages now, because each page is displaying more posts.
Ahhhh. Thank you!! :)
Nice to know I wasn't imagining it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts