Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading an old post I now want to change the way I centered things. (Perhaps this is why my book was rejected for premium distribution in Smashwords.)

Where do I find this in MS Word:

Format>Style>New>Then you click on the "centering" button. Name that Style "Centered". Now you can select everything in your manuscript that you want centered and apply that style.

Thanks,

Randy

·
Registered
251 Posts
You can do as reply #1 suggests.

Or you can set a "new style" as outlined in your message.  The first trick is to find where Word has "hidden" styles.  That depends on the version of Word that you're using.  I'm using a Mac version which is different from the Windows version.  Microsoft has changed the location slightly among versions 2003, 2007, and 2010. Once you've located the "styles" area, center will likely be under paragraph.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Randy, I take it you’re using Word 2010 or later?
On the Home tab, Next to style pane, there’s a little box called Change Styles. Click on the arrow on the bottom right of the change styles to show the styles window. Right at bottom of the styles window hover your mouse over the underscored AA, New Style. Click on that and the magic box appears where you can create your centered style.
Hope this helps.
Julie.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Control+E should still work.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I don't think it really matters what version you use. They're just asking that if you have things you want to center, that you make a style called "Centered" and apply that to everything you want centered rather than just centering everything. I assume that makes it easier for their translators to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts