Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we can't find indie authors on a bookshelf, I find it helpful to know where, online, you discover new indie authors.

I'll start - it's probably no surprise that I discovered several great new indie authors here in the Writer's Cafe. Victorine, Michael Wallace, and J. Carson Black were among them.

On Amazon.com, I discovered John Locke when I checked him out in the "customers who bought this book also bought..." category. That's also how I discovered Lee Goldberg, and I'm pretty sure I also saw him on the Writer's Cafe as well.  And I used to watch Monk, which is his creation.

I bought J.A. Konrath's books after reading his blog for a while and finally deciding to check him out. Then I bought Blake Crouch's novel Run because Konrath recommended it.

What about y'all? Where do you discover new indie authors? 

·
Registered
187 Posts
I get most of my books from recommendations via Goodreads and Smart B*tches, Trashy Books.When I see good reviews there I tend to agree about 90% of the time, so that keeps me going back.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Someone told me about the first 2 indie authors I read, and then I found more here. And if it's not word of mouth or someone here, it's because I've checked the Also Bought's. So, I guess, in a way, those are still indirectly from here.  ;)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
KB

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Sig Lines.. and to a small extent Book Bazaar.. but 95% sig lines.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Kindle Boards, Facebook and under the suggestions on Amazon. My Kindle is full of a good mix of Indies and Traditionals

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'm still kind of new to the indie world, but I discovered David Dalglish, Jeffrey Poole, EH Jones, and MH Bonham through the Amazon Forums. Before then, I only read traditionally published books.

I then discovered every other indie that I know of through KB.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I've read many indie authors' books since I've been on here (2+ years), and I've learned about all of those authors here. LOVE indie authors and their books!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I pick up new authors on KB, FB, Twitter, Goodreads, my book's "also bought" list, blogs, and blog comments.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Before I got on the KB, it was mainly through amazon. Since I bought my kindle I've been all about getting whatever catches my fancy. Since the boards, I have been actively trying to buy from authors on here. I actually have several in my review line up that I'm very excited to read. :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts