Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have a lot of unlistened audio books from a local (I think) audiobookstore.  But now I'm getting most of them from the library.  I rip them to my computers hard drive and download them to the Kindle from there.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I get most of mine from the library,  I do buy a few off audible if it would be something I would listen to more then once (like David Sedaris).  But Audiobooks are a little too pricey for me to validate not getting em at the library first.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANK YOU!!
Amazon kept linking me to Audible, and the prices were crazy.

I didn't think my Library did this, but I decided to check, and they DO. Looks like it is a new thing.
It says there are 2 formats.
OverDrive WMA Audiobooks.
OverDrive MP3 Audiobooks.

Anyone know which I should use?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
mommytolandl said:
OverDrive MP3 Audiobooks.

Anyone know which I should use?
I would choose MP3 over WMA, especially if I was going to transfer it a portable device vs. listening to it on a Windows PC.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:-\  Can I use the other format???? I just tried putting one of them to my Kindle, and to an SD card, and it said they aren't compatable.

They don't have a single MP3 type that I am interested. Not many to choose from either way, but that format is especially limited.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I am unclear on what you did.... You tried to put a WMA file on the Kindle? Or was it an MP3?

·
Registered
11,722 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried to put a WMA on, because there are no MP3's I want.

I downloaded successfully to my computer, but when I tried to Transfer to my Kindle I got an error. So I tried to transfer to an SD card, and also got an error.

Just wondering if the only option is the MP3 format.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Kindle only does MP3. Try converting your WMA to MP3, I think Windows Media Player can do it for you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, thanks I'll try that. I'm not great with a computer. BUT I do have Windows Media Player, so I'll take a stab at it.

THANKS AGAIN!

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Most of mine have come from Audible (a few from iTunes), but I've also had luck on the alt.binaries newsgroups, if you've got access to NNTP

1 - 13 of 13 Posts