Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you use iTunes, Amazon, Walmart, etc. ?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'm still stuck on CDs.  I use Amazon and Best Buy mostly but sometimes I use Target.  That reminds me, I have a CD in my cart at Amazon.  I need to go check out.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I use Amazon, just a loyalty thing, plus the points you earn

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Amazon.  I don't have any iThingies so I'm completely unfamiliar with the iTunes store.

·
Registered
740 Posts
imallbs said:
I'm still stuck on CDs. I use Amazon and Best Buy mostly but sometimes I use Target. That reminds me, I have a CD in my cart at Amazon. I need to go check out.
Same here, I mostly buy CD's and most of the time I get them from Walmart, a bit cheaper than the competitors.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I use iTunes for music for my iPod Touch :)

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
We buy CD's mostly

Buy them from an infinite variety of places -- Best Buy, Target, Amazon, Borders, Barnes & Noble, web sites, local music stores, shows, etc.  Wife and I slam things around between her's mine and ours MP3 players plus our wireless jukebox to get involved with trying to worry about DRM and all the rest of the mess that comes with I-stores and whatnot.  Basically if its something we're wanting to listen to we buy a "hard copy" of it and use it as we see fit.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I now use iTunes almost exclusively because of my iPhone.

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
All my music will wind up as MP3s on my computer and transferred to my Zune.
With 30 Gigs it will hold a lot.
So I get CDs from Borders, BestBuy and Amazon.
And MP3s from a variety of sources.
I try a lot of Indie bands (which causes me to discard a lot if I don't like them).
Just sayin......

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I have got a couple of things from Itunes when I didn't want to buy the whole album.  But mostly I buy my music on CDs as well.  I have an Ipod and a Sansa MP3 player.  That way I can download to both devices.
deb

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Amazon & iTunes....

Discover allows you to turn your cashback bonus into Amazon MP3 gift certificates.... $20 cash back gets you $25 in certificates.... so I purchase everything from Amazon unless they don't have it, then I use iTunes.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the replies! I was thinking of using walmart, but then I can get Amazon GCs so I think I'd use that instead.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
I've only ever bought a handful of MP3 songs, most from Amazon and generally because I either only wanted that particular song or to try out an artist before purchasing a CD. Other than those very few tracks, I only purchase CDs or, better yet, vinyl albums if available (and a few SACDs). The MP3 sound quality is just too limited for my (elitist?) tastes. If the music is at all worth having, then I want at least the CD quality, and then I can always rip them to MP3 files for my portable player if I need a traveling version.

I mostly buy CDs from Amazon, and LPs from MusicDirect.com.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How about movies?

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
I used to buy much of my movies from Suncoast (Sam Goody).
Until they disappeared.
Those that I now buy either from Best Buy or occasionally used from Blockbuster.
Miss Suncoast - used to buy music there too.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I don't buy very many movies, we have all the movie channels, tivo and a netflix sub where I can watch instantly on tivo along with dvds. If I'm buying I either get dvds from Amazon or sometimes I buy from iTunes ( especially for tv series, which are cheaper and available prior to dvd release usually)

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
I get all my music from my Zune Pass subscription. 5 million tracks, any that you want, for $15/month. Plus you get to download 10 per month to keep forever.

If you have a Zune, and like a large music collection, it's the way to go. I sync my Zune Pass tracks to three different Zune players.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Forster said:
Amazon. I don't have any iThingies so I'm completely unfamiliar with the iTunes store.
You can use iTunes without an iThingie, at least you could. I bought music for my Palm T/X and my Samsung mp3 player before I became a Pod person.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts