Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you sell more books through Amazon, Smashwords, or Barnes and Nobles? Or maybe somewhere else?

G

·
Saleswise so far, paperbacks from conventions and bookstores are far in the lead. Then it would be Smashwords, and then Amazon. I use Smashwords to get into Barnes and Noble so they aren't a seperate channel for me.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My electronic books are about:
10:2:.1

Amazon/Barnes & Noble/Smashwords. Smashwords is as close to zero as you can get without actually being zero.

My paperback sales outnumber my electronic sales, also.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Amazon by far.  Nook way, way behind.  And I've sold one book on Smashwords proper, as well as two for iBooks and one for Sony.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Amazon by far, but I did pick up a few SW sales this month. Rarely any from B&N.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Like most everyone else, Amazon.  I do like that Smashwords lets you see your sample downloads.  I wish Amazon would add that to their dashboard.

·
Registered
691 Posts
same here, Amazon is basically the only outlet that was worth it - all the effort for getting material up on Smashwords and B&N never paid off for me - although to be fair, I only really advertise the Amazon books...

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I sell one to one Amazon:eek:ther. The others are all distributed by Smashwords and are, in order: Apple, B&N, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony, Diesel. The least three barely register on my radar.

Most of my publications are non-fiction and have students (high school/university) as the target demographic which brings Apple/B&N right into the picture.  

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Since my first book came out, over its whole life, half my sales have been paperbacks through Australian boookshops, a quarter paperbacks through online retailers (via Createspace), and the remainder Kindle editions. I've only brought my titles to Kindle a few months back (late March for FoO and late May for OH).

If I look at my sales based on just the last month or two, now two thirds are Amazon Kindle editions, while the remainder are paperbacks split all over the place.

My second book get's a paperback release locally in Australia in a few months, so that'll throw the figures out in favour of that avenue again.

I love the Kindle sales (who wouldn't), but the bookshop sales are also lots of fun - particularly at book signings or when you see your title on a shelf with a recommended tag underneath it.  :)  

I'm not on Smashwords yet.

G

·
I've sold about ten times as many books on Amazon than I've done on Smashwords. I can't participate in Barnes & Nobles.

For those of you who've had many paperback sales in bookstores: how did you approach them? The bookstores, I mean.

Edit: Are any of you using Kobo as a sales platform?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I only have one week's worth of data, so this ratio may change, but I've sold six on B&N, five on Amazon, one on All Romance, and zero paid on Smashwords.

Of course I'm taking part in the summer sale on Smashwords so some of the 110 "sales" might have paid cash at a different time. My book is erotic romance and I've heard B&N is sometimes a better platform, and this seems to be looking true for me. We'll see if that lasts.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts