Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister Debbie is taking her Kindle on a trail ride today in Texas. I don't think she'll be reading while she's riding but during the break for lunch.

Debbie has registered here and I just need to get her to post. Her name here is DACC. Debbie's Kindle is under my account so we share over 500 books. I bought the Kindle book for her Chosen by a Horse. She loved it and I liked it too.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I was just looking at that book this morning! It does look good, think I will download a sample.

I wish I had someone to share my account with, no one really reads in my family. You two are so lucky :)

Melissa

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
My Kindle has been to Maine, Massachusetts, Illinois, Switzerland, Germany, and Belgium!

My son's Kindle is in Jamaica right now, working on its tan. LOL

L

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Mine has been to various places in Florida, Hawaii 2 times, Ohio, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia, Maryland, Minnesota, Texas, Illinois, California, Louisiana, Canada, New York, and Connecticut.  I travel for work a lot.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
To quote a response we got once from a local when in Maine, my Kindle has only been to "dumb old heah."  (Northern VA; although she did cross the river into MD one time.)  ::)  But she's looking forward to going to San Diego next month!  She's already got her swimsuit!

Betsy

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Leisel has been to Chicago, Norfolk VA, Memphis TN, and we are heading to Orlando, FL next month for a work related meeting.

Not very well traveled but sure am glad she can go wherever I go instead of a bag of DTB's.  :)

Linda

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Little Gertie has been to two different doctors' offices, IHOP, the library and my car at the school bus stop.  I'm hoping to take her to N.J. in April for my Father's 90th birthday.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My kindle has been to both Mexico and the Domenican Republic in the last 30 days. It lives here in Canada primarily so going to Detroit and Buffalo are excursions for it. I'm taking it home to St. John's NFLD in a couple of weeks. I would have been a great promoter for the kindle. Since you can't get it here in Canada, I've sold/convince/bragged about my lovely ereader so much that 7 friends have gone on to buy the Sony ereader, which is available here. It's always interesting taking them to other countries and people on the planes asking me what it is. I really don't mind explaining but if someone was reading a "real" book would you interupt them? :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
no where  ;D it has been grounded for spending too much pesos on books  8)

I

·
0 Posts
Mine goes to work with me and to the dentists, doctors and on a road trip to Brunswick, GA and that's it.  Soon, probably around March it will be going to Charlotte, NC to meet Kim Harrison.

I hope she likes it because I have all of her book covers as screen savers except for the Dr. Pepper logo. I have them numbered so they are displayed in the proper reading order.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mine hasn't made to many states (other than IL and CA) but has been read on a plane, train ("el"), and automobile!  It's also been to a basketball game, where a surprising number of people wanted to check it out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our Kindles have left Charlotte and gone to Pomona, Calif, Chicago, Vegas, Bristol Tenn, Hancock Maine, the outer banks,and next week, I go to Orangeburg, Sc for work. ;D

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Melia has been to Reno, Lake Meade, Lake Las Vegas, Sparks, and LA...for quick road trips with the family or usually the friends. My K would have gone to Hawaii, but everyone in the family expect for my K and I went.....using the excuse that i went on my own two years ago. (but I all i did was babysit and help plan a party. no tanning on beach or surfing)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Wow Leslie, your kindle is well traveled!  Mine lives in Ohio, but has been to Florida, North Carolina, and is currently hanging out with me in Arizona.  She was supposed to go to Italy, but that trip got cancelled..... but she'll come with me on my honeymoon to Hawaii in May. 

·
Registered
780 Posts
My Scotty lives in Florida and has been to St Maartin and St Thomas. He will likely be going to Texas in April for a conference in Austin.

Lynn L

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Mine has been hanging out on Oahu.  He might hop over to Maui in Feb.  Otherwise, he's not going anywhere until we move back to the mainland...probably in May.  Right now he only goes to the bedroom, living room, bathroom and pool.  I don't trust him to go to the beach, he might run away (get stolen). ;D

1 - 20 of 161 Posts