Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious, cause the only person in my area who even knew what a Kindle is, just moved here from New York City. So, yeah, where do all the other Kindlers hide? I live in Richland WA, and have in the past lived in Heidelberg - Germany, Satellite Beach - Florida, Corvallis - Oregon, Sacremento - California, Dayton - Ohio, Colorado Springs - Colorado, and Grand Forks - North Dakota. I'm an Air Force brat. ;D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

California 12
Florida 7
Illinois 5
Virginia 5
Maryland 4
Georgia 4
North Carolina 4
Texas 4
New York 4
Michigan 3
Ohio 3
Louisiana 3
New Hampshire 2
Maine 2
Arizona 2
Pennsylvania 2
Oregon 1
Washington 1
Indiana 1
Arkansas 1
South Carolina 1
Vermont 1
New Mexico 1
Alabama 1
Oklahoma 1
Kansas 1
Idaho 1
Wisconsin 1

This could have mistakes, but I think it's pretty accurate. These are just the people who posted on the board, has nothing to do with the map. (By the way, it was shocking to have that show up on my post. I was confused for a moment.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We now have a map where you can place a pin to show where you're from, and see where other members are from!

It's available at http://www.frappr.com/kindle. Or, click on the graphic below to view the map, and set your pin!

- Harvey

·
Registered
509 Posts
I live in the seacoast region of New Hampshire. New Hampshire has 18 miles on the Atlantic, so I guess you could say I've lived all through the area  :D.
Before this, I've lived in New Jersey, where I was born....Venice, where my father was born....all over Europe, where I was told to go by the Army....and a couple places I didn't like much and try not to mention often.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm lost in Northern Illinois...no not Chicago and I don't live on a farm (sorry, it's a long standing joke between my husband and I from when he was stationed in California.  Tell someone you are from Illinois and those are apparently your only choices.  :p).

~M

·
Super Moderator
67,556 Posts
Currently reside in Arlington VA.  Previously London, England (actually Chalfont St. Peter in Buckinghamshire); Point Mugu, CA; Kekaha, Kauai, Hawaii; Gainseville, FL; Keflavik, Iceland; Orlando, FL; Newport, RI.  (Navy Officer and then spouse).  College in Greensburg, PA; grew up in Frederick, MD.

Ann

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Ann - England? So jealous. I've been to the island a handful of times, and would happily live there for the rest of my life. Unless that meant giving up on visiting the rest of the world.

@ Quickfics - I've never really seen Portland, other than the air port and Clacamas (sp?) Mall. Most of my family lives in Salem though.

@Teninx - Venice is gorgeous. There wasn't a place in Italy I didn't like, except maybe Naples. That area had so many homeless people and animals, very depressing.

@Everyone else - I haven't been to any of the places you mentioned. I've seen more of Europe than the US. I haven't even been to Seattle, though I've lived 4 hours away for almost 2 years now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
RovingSoul said:
@ Quickfics - I've never really seen Portland, other than the air port and Clacamas (sp?) Mall. Most of my family lives in Salem though.
When you rear your head, where do you have to go through to get to Salem? Portland. I can see you from my house, so I'll be keeping my eyes on you.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I am currently in the greater Portland, Maine area, where I have lived for the past 28 years. I am hoping to get together with Teninx since he is only about 60 miles down the road.

Prior to parking my butt in Maine, I mostly grew up in New York (LI, and college in the capital district area) with short graduate school visits in Baltimore, MD and Chicago, IL.

But really, I am a northeasterner, born and bred, with all the liberal connotations attached to that.

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I'm in NW Florida.  Originally from Atlanta, mom of 2 grown A.F. brats myself.  Spent a lot of time stationed in Holland & a couple of years in Germany, plus a few bases here in the States. 

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well, I'm not much of a world traveler. Grew up in Southern California, and now live in . . . wait for it . . . Northern California. Bay Area, actually.

Have visited most of the 50 states, though, also Canada and Mexico, and Europe and Africa.

Here's my "visited states" map ~

[URL=http://www.world66.com/community/mymaps/visitedStates/statemap/AKAZCACOCTDCDEFLHIIDILINIAKSLAMDMIMNMTNENVNJNYNDOHORPASDTXUTVAWAWVWIWY]http://www.world66.com/community/mymaps/visitedStates/statemap/AKAZCACOCTDCDEFLHIIDILINIAKSLAMDMIMNMTNENVNJNYNDOHORPASDTXUTVAWAWVWIWY
.gif[/url]

create your own personalized map of the USA
or write about it on the open travel guide[/IMG]

·
Registered
195 Posts
Roswell, Georgia, just north of ATL. Have been here about 10 years.

NOT a Southerner, though! As anyone who has heard me talk can tell you, I was born in Brooklyn, NY (Coney Island, can't get any more Brooklyn than that!). Both parents, grandparents, even great-grandparents were Brooklynites. Brought up mostly in Western Connecticut, though, so I have had some civilizing influences. :)

LOVE to read. Always wanted to be a writer, but Mom and Dad convinced me to get a "real" job. Sigh. Maybe someday, when I retire, I'll get around to writing that book!

Totally attached to my Kindle. I take it everywhere with me.

1 - 20 of 232 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.