Kindle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Born and raised in NE Pennsylvania. Close to Allentown, the one that inspired the Billy Joel song of the same title.

Kat

·
Registered
113 Posts
Tulsa, OK

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I live in NE Texas and have lived all over the state. Recently moved "north" from Houston.

I have only lived out of the state twice in my life... a 3 month stint in National City, CA and 2 years in Newport News, VA (my first husband was in the Navy).

·
Registered
795 Posts
Way upstate New York. Via Salem, Oregon; Sherman, Texas; Frostburg, Maryland; Durham, North Carolina; and Ann Arbor, Michigan. Right now I am living part time in upstate NY and part time on the Olympic Peninsula in the state of Washington. My kindle is a life saver on those commutes.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Wisteria Clematis said:
Way upstate New York. Via Salem, Oregon; Sherman, Texas; Frostburg, Maryland; Durham, North Carolina; and Ann Arbor, Michigan. Right now I am living part time in upstate NY and part time on the Olympic Peninsula in the state of Washington. My kindle is a life saver on those commutes.
That is a commute! Yikes!

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
KnitOnePurlTwo said:
I am from North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania. It's about 25 miles east of Pittsburgh.
I went to college in Greensburg. . .

Ann

·
Registered
3 Posts
Eastern NC here, although I was born in Kissimmee FL, and have lived in SC, TX, CA, OH, and KY!
NC is home. I'm here on the coast until we retire or win the lottery, then it's HELLO mountains! :D

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The number of kindles in the Phoenix Arizona area will definitely be going up because I personally know of 5 people who requested one for Christmas after looking at mine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm in a tiny but lovely town in central Florida.  Previously lived in San Francisco for 16 years.  Went to college in the Boston area.  Grew up in Roseville, California, and in Vienna, Virginia.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm from Wichita, KS. I love my Kindle and have found an unforseen advantage in that you can easily read a book outside with 20-30 MPH wind gusts on a Kindle and not have to "fight" turning the pages! We have no shortage of wind in Kansas!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
ozicat said:
I'm from Wichita, KS. I love my Kindle and have found an unforseen advantage in that you can easily read a book outside with 20-30 MPH wind gusts on a Kindle and not have to "fight" turning the pages! We have no shortage of wind in Kansas!
LOL...that's good to know Ozi :p

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
ozicat said:
This is good to know! Welcome, Ozicat! Glad to have you here.

L

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm from central Florida (between Tampa and Orlando) but spent most of my life in Michigan, just north of Detroit

Lynn

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I've seen people post about this in different threads, but I thought it would be interesting to see how spread out we all are. 
I live in Columbus, OH.  Where do the rest of you live?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Boise, Idaho here. ;D

I grew up in Central Illinois.  As an adult, I've lived in California twice, and in Japan for a few years.  I've lived the past 17 years in Boise, tho.

61 - 80 of 232 Posts