Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is probably a dumb question and really only half the question I have. When I pull up my sales and downloads, it shows me total downloads, then I can pull by country too. I see co uk, fr, and others but I don't see US.

The other odd thing, the combination of all the countries is greater than the total downloads shown. Any ideas?  Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Tensejim said:
It is probably a dumb question and really only half the question I have. When I pull up my sales and downloads, it shows me total downloads, then I can pull by country too. I see co uk, fr, and others but I don't see US.

The other odd thing, the combination of all the countries is greater than the total downloads shown. Any ideas? Am I missing something here?
I'm going to take a stab at this. The Amazon.com report is the US page. There is no totals report.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dayla, I was looking at it some more and that was what I was thinking. I guess the fact that it says Amazon.com (includes India) makes it look like a total of all. I wonder why they don't just say US and India to save the confusion.

T.L. Haddix said:
The US is south of Canada, wayyyyy west of Europe, and north of South America. *grin*

As Dalya said, the default for the reports is set to the US.

Hope I didn't offend ya. :)
LOL T.L. not offended at all, sounds like something I would say hehe

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Patty Jansen said:
Technically, it's not US, but it's everywhere that's not covered by any of the dedicated country sites, so calling it US would be confusing and misleading.
Ok, so it is a total, just a total of the remainder including the US which would account most likely for the bulk of it.

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts
Tensejim said:
Ok, so it is a total, just a total of the remainder including the US which would account most likely for the bulk of it.
That matches my understanding, Tensejim: .com is mostly U.S. sales, but if you live in, I don't know, Nigeria, you would buy ebooks from the .com site b/c there's no Nigeria-only Amazon (yet!).

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
We can't derive a US count from the data. Amazon.com has a 35 and 70 pct breakdown, but the US is lumped in with other 70 pct places.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
T.L. Haddix said:
The US is south of Canada, wayyyyy west of Europe, and north of South America. *grin*

As Dalya said, the default for the reports is set to the US.

Hope I didn't offend ya. :)
You forgot east of China. No one could find the US without knowing that. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts