Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
The big Christmas rush must start after everyone's finished with Christmas dinner *sits patiently and watches unmoving sales figures*.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Sales happened yesterday  - pre-loading books before wrapping.
Possibly more loading later this evening ("you know I don't like such-and-such, give me more of this"), still early on the west coast too.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Well, right now there are about three thousand "guest visitors" viewing KindleBoards. I sure after they look over our site, they'll click over to Amazon and start buying. ;)

·
Registered
633 Posts
I published a novel today and got my first sale. :D Hopefully it won't be the last one and more will follow. I could use some Christmas bonus this year. ;)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hello lovely guest visitors.  (Waving hand with charming smile)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Looking at my PubIt sales from last year, December 25th was only only slightly better (about 50%) than December 24th, but December 26th was twice as good as December 25th. I think I even remember this exact same conversation on Christmas! "Hey, how come I'm not having a huge Christmas bump?"

I think you have to wait until everyone finishes dinner and goes home and crawls into bed with their new Kindle/iPad/what have you, before they start saying, "Okay, now what?"

My sales are holding pretty steady right now across the board, except my one Christmas-themed novella, which has been selling better than it was on the previous days.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Courtney Milan said:
Looking at my PubIt sales from last year, December 25th was only only slightly better (about 50%) than December 24th,
Oh that's not very encouraging!
My sales the two days before Christmas were the worst since October! Yikes.

·
Registered
175 Posts
People might also load up on the free classics as is the novelty with Kindles.

And then eventually when they've dug right to the bottom of what Amazon has to offer, they might stumble across mine...

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
My experience last year was identical to Courtney's. The 25th was up just a little. It was the 26th when things began to rock 'n roll.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
It's already happening to me. My UK readers have left me a Christmas surprise today. I woke up, checked my numbers and was surprised to see that I sold a nice number of books. I always do better in the UK market than US for some reason, but this was a pleasant surprise. The sales are still coming at about 1 every hour (for the last two hours... I'm not holding my breath though). I never sell like that, so it seems like people are starting to load up those new kindles!

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
LOL @ you guys!

Of course I already checked my sales as well. Not a lot of numbers, but you know, I feel really special if even just 1 person wants to spend time on this special day with one of my books.  ;D

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
David Scroggins said:
It's already happening to me.
Real sales or freebies?
Yay for the UK!

I think I might get off my butt, get dressed and head out for dinner. I promised an air hockey game to my nephew. I used to beat him when he was six. Now he's twelve. And taller than me. Drat.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Quiss said:
Real sales or freebies?
Yay for the UK!

I think I might get off my butt, get dressed and head out for dinner. I promised an air hockey game to my nephew. I used to beat him when he was six. Now he's twelve. And taller than me. Drat.
Real sales! I did my final ever freebie over the weekend, and it went horribly. 150 downloads over three days. Sales are pretty decent today, though! I have also officially realized that I'm doing better and better in the UK and still "decent" in the US. The United Kingdom has apparently taken me on as one of their own. ;D

Air hockey rules! Have fun with that. I think you can still take him!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Back from Christmas Brunch! And checking... No sales, but I've gotten a couple borrows.

Checked last year's numbers (for all those people who mock those of us who do a daily report) and I'm seeing Christmas Eve & Christmas about the same, and every day after that getting a bit higher.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I'm seeing a surge today, but it's because I have a new release out and I sent out a newsletter. All of my other books are holding steady. Last year, I saw a small bump on the 25th, but the big bump came on the 26th. And then things exploded in January and doubled that in February.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts