Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kindle froze for the first time  :eek: ...got my paper clip and took cover off & reset. Worked like a charm. I had read on the discussion boards it wasn't a problem but have to admit my heart skipped a beat when it froze.

Linda

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I know the feeling. I had my kindle since early July and it froze for the first time a couple weeks ago. I thought my heart will stop.  :eek:  I was connecting my kindle to pc for few time that day and that must drained the battery. I was careful about the battery before but I'm more careful now.  ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Wow, we're like new Moms whose kids have scraped their knees for the first time!

I, too, had my first Kindle lockup experience (hmm, sounds illegal somehow) recently.

I was paging back in a book, and I think I hit the page back and then page forward too close together. But my hubby brought me a paper clip (I was under a blanket with the cat at the time, so I could not get up), and I got the Kindle working again. Thank god! I don't know what I would have done if I'd had to send it back to Amazon for replacement!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mine has frozen 5 times in the last two days. I'm getting very angry, and considering a return. (I'm still within my 30 day period).

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
RovingSoul said:
Mine has frozen 5 times in the last two days. I'm getting very angry, and considering a return. (I'm still within my 30 day period).
Call customer service (or use the call back option to have them call you. They call back instantly). Five times in two days is not normal behavior. They have a special reset process they'll walk you through to troubleshoot.

Good luck and report back!

L

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thank you for this thread.  Mine froze and then i did too!  The baby is now working again due to the info you guys shared.  Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Okay.... so when we experience our Kindles freezing up.... it sounds like we go into a mild version of Kardiac Arrest...... or Kongestive Heart Failure.......  whew!!!  We could start a new discussion with the names of physical symptoms caused by the fear that something is seriously wrong with our Kindles!!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I remember that feeling! Mine mostly froze if I was trying to do something on the internet. I've never had it freeze while reading a book though.
One day I did have to do two of the three unfreezing techniques to get her unfrozen...tried the paperclip and it didn't work so I did a keyboard reset and that worked then just to make sure I went back and did a restart from the menu!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts