Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was debating if I were to tell here the genre of this book. Telling it won. This is a Dark Urban Fantasy Noir. Having a problem on what to choose. The right one is the new one, which I prefer. Posting here for unbiased opinion. Thanks guys.

(Edit: images fixed.)

·
Registered
466 Posts
you need to resize it before posting to something max 600px wide. Any image editing program should be able to do it, if nothing else you can use the free imgur.com to have a place to upload.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like the second one better. But in truth, neither one says Urban Fantasy to me. At all. If I had to guess, I'd guess these were violent crime novels with a historical feel.

Wonder

·
Registered
12,226 Posts
I got the Noir part right away. I've never heard of Dark Urban Fantasy Noir, so I wouldn't know about that. I think #2 and #3 have the most eye appeal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I feel #2 hits the "urban fantasy" mood closest, with the glowing eyes and the almost Dracula-esque face. #1 almost seems to lean a bit closer to sci-fi or just regular crime noir, and while #3 does capture a heavy and sinister mood, it's both a bit generic and a bit downplayed in terms of fantasy aesthetic.

A few more details on the niche itself would also be helpful. When you say 'urban fantasy,' do you mean 'normal city but a few people have supernatural powers,' or do you mean 'Cthulhu lives in the sewer, and a tenth of the population are werewolves?" If the latter, then I'd easily recommend #2, maybe even with some additional fantasy details. If it's the former, then #3 would probably actually work just fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The second cover is my favorite... it reminds me of old hand drawn art for horror movies, like this one:

But it possibly says 'horror' to me more than 'noir'.

The third cover definitely says 'noir', no ambiguity on it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
In my opinion the one on the left strikes me as Noir and Urban Fantasy. Without the blood (I assume its blood) it would have a very shadowy appearance

1 - 15 of 15 Posts