Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was debating if I were to tell here the genre of this book. Telling it won. This is a Dark Urban Fantasy Noir. Having a problem on what to choose. The right one is the new one, which I prefer. Posting here for unbiased opinion. Thanks guys.

(Edit: images fixed.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like the second one better. But in truth, neither one says Urban Fantasy to me. At all. If I had to guess, I'd guess these were violent crime novels with a historical feel.

Wonder

·
Registered
25 Posts
I feel #2 hits the "urban fantasy" mood closest, with the glowing eyes and the almost Dracula-esque face. #1 almost seems to lean a bit closer to sci-fi or just regular crime noir, and while #3 does capture a heavy and sinister mood, it's both a bit generic and a bit downplayed in terms of fantasy aesthetic.

A few more details on the niche itself would also be helpful. When you say 'urban fantasy,' do you mean 'normal city but a few people have supernatural powers,' or do you mean 'Cthulhu lives in the sewer, and a tenth of the population are werewolves?" If the latter, then I'd easily recommend #2, maybe even with some additional fantasy details. If it's the former, then #3 would probably actually work just fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The second cover is my favorite... it reminds me of old hand drawn art for horror movies, like this one:

But it possibly says 'horror' to me more than 'noir'.

The third cover definitely says 'noir', no ambiguity on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.