Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An old cover with new titles that dominate the image

The book is nonfiction. My intended audience are those interested in remote viewing and/or things military and above-top-secret. The main issue deciding how I deal with the titling is the long title, which BTW, can't be changed at this point.

Thank you in advance. As always all helpful suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Another version (not shown here) is for NONFICTION on a diagonal and the author's name moved to the bottom right corner.

A.

B.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The yellow is better. The red bleeds into the background.
Aptly put! Thanks. I had this sneaking feeling that red wasn't going to improve on white. That titles with impact in nonfiction should stand out from the background rather than meld wth it.

I'll leave the two covers up a little longer. I wonder whether the all diagonal main titles affect where and how NONFICTION and author name are placed? Does NONFICTION look weird because it is not also on a diagonal?

EDIT: placing NONFICTION on a slant doesn't work at all unless I reduce the size of the font. Doing that adds a whole new set of problems which would be kind of fun to work out if I had that time available. Alas, I don't.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the yellow titled (#A) cover up there now. It looks a lot better than I thought it would. I wished KDP would make it easier to center the cover for the paperback and hardcover books. It is incredibly fiddly to get right, and only by chance does it ever do that or so it seems.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
I prefer the horizontal placement of 1/2 the title; having the whole thing in diagonal is a bit jarring. To me, at least. Having said that, I think the yellow lettering is better than the- red, as far as being eye-catching. So... not much help here.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you to Alexabooks and to Jena H.

I really appreciate everyone's input.

I am going to stick with the yellow. Yes, jarring is the effect I am looking for. It is nonfiction which means people are looking for information rather than pure entertainment. I feel the cover should represent the content. Most readers will find the content disconcerting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts