Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's already a thread about the Smashwords.com version of the "Read an E-Book Week" program, but since A LOT of sites are participating, I thought it would be good to start a catch-all thread where we can reveal what we've downloaded. Since there's so much out there, I'm hoping this thread will help separate the wheat from the chaff, as they say.

The links are available here in this Kindleboards.com blog post

So far, I've gone over to Joshua Tallent's Kindleformatting.com website and downloaded Sig Rosenblum's non-fiction "Spymaster" book (was very excited to see an author I actually enjoy) as well as several of their fictional offerings.

What have you guys downloaded so far, and from which sites?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got four from Kindleformatting.com today: Poison Pen, Spa Deadly, Microbe and Rhythm. The others didn't immediately appeal to me, but I may look again later in the week. I may get one or two of the nonfiction books, too.

I've gotten a few bad freebies from Amazon since I got my Kindle. They're not necessarily bad books, just not to my taste.

I've already put them on my Kindle :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think the question should be what DIDN'T I download!!  I downloaded tons and tons of books from the Smashwords website.  I haven't put them all on my Kindle yet, but I figured it doesn't hurt to download free books.  If I don't like it no harm no foul, just delete it from my Kindle.  I'm all for free!  ;D

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
While I certainly haven't gotten everything available (starting to learn to get a little more picky; just 'cause it's free don't mean it's for me :D), I have gotten about 15 or so from the various links and sites. Still need to do smashwords...again....got an error when checking out and lost the whole cart, dang it. :p

Edit to add: I started my search at this site -- http://booksontheknob.blogspot.com/ -- which gives a lot of the links to different sites, more so than the KB blog (sorry, guys) and better info than the "official" Ebook Week site. Though I did then go to the official site -- http://www.ebookweek.com/partners.html -- and picked up a couple of others that weren't listed on the Books on the Knob blog.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Just downloaded Rhythm and A Broad Abroad (I love to travel and have been to Thailand so I'm really looking forward to this one). I'm considering Microbe also, but haven't made up my mind on that one. I'm sure I'll grab a few more before the week is through. Gotta keep my average book price down with those freebies ;)

I have to say, some of the freebies that I've picked up in the past weren't very well-written, but hey, if the story sounds interesting to me, I'm happy to try it if it's free or a good bargain. 

·
Registered
516 Posts
CS said:
I know there's already a thread about the Smashwords.com version of the "Read an E-Book Week" program, but since A LOT of sites are participating, I thought it would be good to start a catch-all thread where we can reveal what we've downloaded. Since there's so much out there, I'm hoping this thread will help separate the wheat from the chaff, as they say.

The links are available here in this Kindleboards.com blog post

So far, I've gone over to Joshua Tallent's Kindleformatting.com website and downloaded Sig Rosenblum's non-fiction "Spymaster" book (was very excited to see an author I actually enjoy) as well as several of their fictional offerings.

What have you guys downloaded so far, and from which sites?
Thanks for the click. I hope you enjoy it. 322 other readers did the same. So, as you can imagine, I am quite pleased. Thanks again!

Sig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts