Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious which months have been the best for people. Can you guys report your best sales month and # of sales?  Here are the authors that Ridan has done. (Kindle only since this is the kindle board) -- If you want to include other sites as well that's cool but I want to compare apples to apples

These are US Kindle Only

4,400 - Leslie Ann Moore - July 2011  (2 - $4.95)
16,500 - Marshall Thomas - June 2011 (3 - $4.95)
  8,300 - Nathan Lowell    - June 2011 (3 - $4.95)
11,500 - Michael Sullivan  - Feb 2011  (4 - $4.95, 1 - $6.95)

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
rsullivan9597 said:
I'm curious which months have been the best for people. Can you guys report your best sales month and # of sales? Here are the authors that Ridan has done. (Kindle only since this is the kindle board) -- If you want to include other sites as well that's cool but I want to compare apples to apples

These are US Kindle Only

4,400 - Leslie Ann Moore - July 2011 (2 - $4.95)
I know her! She's in my critique group.

My best month so far was May of this year when I released Mama.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Unless sales absolutely crash over the rest of today and the next three days, This Month. My average for this month, thus far, is almost 2 books per day higher than last month, which was my best month. I should surpass last month's sales tomorrow. At present I have 1723 sales for the month. Another 67 and I surpass last month . . . [quick check -- Aha! sold another one. Now I only need 66.]

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
June was my best month by far - July tanked, but I've done virtually no marketing at all.  I've been busy with our publishing house - editing one of our first signed author's books and catching up on my back log of reading.

I'm hoping August picks up again.  My next title won't be out until November, so I'm taking a small break from the Steve Williams series and starting a YA book with my eleven-year-old son who has a stellar idea and wants to work on the book with me.  Gotta love kids, especially when they are inspired by our hard work.  

·
Registered
632 Posts
Six Keys, this month.  Which went up another 30 books since May's numbers.  We'll see how the month rounds out.  

Not sure about Compis.  It's about 2 away from last month's total.

My numbers aren't anywhere near yours, so I don't think I need to post them, but thus far they've gone up EVERY month, by at least 20 copies, except June, which was abysmal.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
rsullivan9597 said:
I'm curious which months have been the best for people. Can you guys report your best sales month and # of sales? Here are the authors that Ridan has done. (Kindle only since this is the kindle board) -- If you want to include other sites as well that's cool but I want to compare apples to apples

These are US Kindle Only

4,400 - Leslie Ann Moore - July 2011 (2 - $4.95)
16,500 - Marshall Thomas - June 2011 (3 - $4.95)
8,300 - Nathan Lowell - June 2011 (3 - $4.95)
11,500 - Michael Sullivan - Feb 2011 (4 - $4.95, 1 - $6.95)
Lunch Break Thrillers US Kindle only July 2011 (19 - $4.99) Last week of June 2011 (8 - $4.99)

Just isolated that book at the same price point to give a comparison. Not sure what good the total would be. I started in Late February so I am reasonably new to this and many of my ebooks have only been up a month. I think I must be around a 1000 in total for kindle only on all kindle sites.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
January 2011 - 2,580 U.S. Kindle sales - 3 books at $2.99.

However, December 2010 and February and March weren't far behind. Last year things declined in the summer months and stayed down through October then climbed again. Needless to say it will take a few more years before I can say that's a pattern and releasing new books will affect any pattern. I released a new book in late November 2010, so maybe that's what made for the increase through the winter and it wasn't seasonal.

·
Registered
694 Posts
ellenoc said:
January 2011 - 2,580 U.S. Kindle sales - 3 books at $2.99.

However, December 2010 and February and March weren't far behind. Last year things declined in the summer months and stayed down through October then climbed again. Needless to say it will take a few more years before I can say that's a pattern and releasing new books will affect any pattern. I released a new book in late November 2010, so maybe that's what made for the increase through the winter and it wasn't seasonal.
This season pattern is exactly what I've seen over the past two years.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Mine was June 2011--1550 books total (across 11 titles ranged in price from $.99-4.99.)

My biggest seller that month was 650 @ $2.99

This month looks like it will come in a few hundred short of June.

(I liked May too. I was climbing at that point. Every day was exciting. Ah, memories.)

·
Registered
258 Posts
December was my best month 4,600 books two books at .99 and the rest of the 31 at 2.99.  Mostly selling erotic romances at 2.99

·
Registered
335 Posts
June has been my best month so far. 3,229 copies of Cross My Heart @ $3.99.

I was on pace to reach that for July, but "The Big Deal" Amazon sale took a nice-sized chunk out of sales. I *might* hit 3k for this month.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Happily, June 2011 was my best sales months et and July 2011 looks like it will surpass it! I released the first book in my new 8 book Sullivan family series at the end of June (THE LOOK OF LOVE, $5.00) and I'm thrilled by how well it's doing. I'll be releasing book 2 in the series (FROM THIS MOMENT ON) in early September.

Congrats to everyone for their great sales. Robin, you and your authors have done a marvelous job with Ridan Publishing. I talk you up to people all the time. :)

~ Bella

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
July is shaping up as the best month since January.  I'll have a thousand sales by the the 30th, half of those accounted for by White Seed.  I'm happy.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've yet to top January's sales. June sales were a little better than half of January's. July's numbers look better than June's.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts