Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which K2 cover are you getting and why...if I may be so nosey? ::)

I've ordered the Amazon K2 leather cover. I saw one post there someone spoke to a person at Amazon customer service who said the hinges could possibly come undone when folding the Amazon cover back, yet the Amazon site specifically states it can be folded back. When I called customer service I was told they really haven't had a chance to use it with the Kindle yet and was reminded of the 30-day return policy.

I'd love to hear what covers others are getting. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
I ordered the light bronze Cole Haan cover.

Edit: Oops, I forgot to say why. I chose this one because I think it's pretty, it goes with the Gold Flowers skin I ordered, and CH goods are great quality. I also like that it will be easy to slip in and out of the elastic corners.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
To be honest, I'm having a heck of a time deciding. I KNOW I want an Oberon when it comes out. I'll be first in line. HOWEVER, I need something else in the meantime.

I originally ordered the Amazon, but have cancelled it. I have a M-Edge Platform Jacket in Pebbled Pink on order, but even that one I'm on the fence about because of my previous experience with M-Edge. The Patagonia and Cole Haan cases just don't interest me.

I may just get the Belkin sleeve to use as protection and keep Bella without a cover until the Oberon is released. Or re-order the Amazon, hope for the best and return it if I don't like it. I personally can't see how the hinges are going to do any better of a job holding the Kindle in the cover than the tab did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
luvmy4brats said:
To be honest, I'm having a heck of a time deciding. I KNOW I want an Oberon when it comes out. I'll be first in line. HOWEVER, I need something else in the meantime.

I originally ordered the Amazon, but have cancelled it. I have a M-Edge Platform Jacket in Pebbled Pink on order, but even that one I'm on the fence about because of my previous experience with M-Edge. The Patagonia and Cole Haan cases just don't interest me.

I may just get the Belkin sleeve to use as protection and keep Bella without a cover until the Oberon is released. Or re-order the Amazon, hope for the best and return it if I don't like it. I personally can't see how the hinges are going to do any better of a job holding the Kindle in the cover than the tab did.
Luvmy4brats -- You and I sound like we're in the exact same boat. I've kept my Amazon cover in my shopping cart, have reservations about the M-edge (don't like the light and questions about folding it back), and definitely want an Oberon when it comes out! I'm going to go check out the Belkin sleeve and other options to see if I can save money there.

Any ideas when you think the Oberon covers will be available? I know they're waiting to get their hands on a K2 first, but hope they are doing some preliminary design work. Can't wait!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
libro said:
Luvmy4brats -- You and I sound like we're in the exact same boat. I've kept my Amazon cover in my shopping cart, have reservations about the M-edge (don't like the light and questions about folding it back), and definitely want an Oberon when it comes out! I'm going to go check out the Belkin sleeve and other options to see if I can save money there.

Any ideas when you think the Oberon covers will be available? I know they're waiting to get their hands on a K2 first, but hope they are doing some preliminary design work. Can't wait!
Yep, I don't like the M-Edge light either (My daughter has it) and I think the Portfolio cover is wider to accomodate it..

But on the other hand...it IS pink and I can use it as a bookstand. I probably won't have to worry about the issues I had folding the Executive cover back..and it IS pink. I also like the feel of the interior. And did I mention it's pink?

<sigh> decisions, decisions. I don't want to buy a bunch of cases this time around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Luvmy4brats -- I'm giving you the third degree on your cover choice decision  ::)   The Amazon cover is so blah   :'(

So, you're saying the M-Edge Portfolio cover is a bit more awkward in terms of the left hand side getting in the way when folding back?  

As for pink, does Oberon make anything pink?  Doesn't seem like they would, but those designs are out of this world....but I've heard some rumblingns about the inner lining  ???  Back and forth....

BTW, did you elaborate on Bella's name or did she receive a royal title since I last saw her name? Love it!  
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
I don't think the amazon cover will be very well liked because it doesn't have a closure snap....... it will "flap in the wind" in your purse and hand.  Also, it is blah. 

The Cole Haan cover has the same problem... not strap... I don't want my kindle flapping open in my purse and things falling into the open flaps.

Any thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
The Amazon cover is blah. The only pro is that I can have it the same day I get Bella.

I had issues with the M-Edge Executive Jacket. I had the original M-Edge and loved it. It folded back flat and was perfect. I bought three of the (red, black, and saddle) Then they went and changed it on me when they added the strap that went all the way around. They also made the spine stiffer. By doing that, the cover no longer folded flat (something VERY important to me). I was sad because I really liked the color (sapphire blue=deep turqoise color). I also felt that the white thread made it look kind of cheap (the prior version had color matching thread)

Since the Portfolio flips over the top, I don't think I need to worry about it folding flat. I can hold on to the left side. I haven't had a chance to hold the Portfolio cover yet, but I think I'm willing to give it a try. (I've tried every other M-Edge has offered as well)

The fact that they're offering pink is good (I like pink, I even dressed Edgar in pink) Oberon doesn't have pink sadly and if I can find a secondary cover that I like, Bella can switch between the two. As for the lining in the Oberon, I didn't mind the wool. Yes, it picked up lint and cat hair, but that's easily fixed with a lint brush, which with 5 cats and 2 dogs, is something I'm very used to. I do like the feel of the M-Edge interior a bit more though.

As to Bella's name, yes she received both a royal title and a middle name. Lady Bella Paige. Yesterday, she was just Bella. She seems to be letting me know her name in stages. She's a bit pretentious it seems. All of my kindles (mine, mom's and daughter's) have named themselves before I received them. All of a sudden a name pops into my head and I know that's the one. Sadly, my daughter didn't like the name Penelope and changed hers to Orion. My mom's is Eleanor and my K1 was Edgar.

I could have named her Her Royal Highness, Princess Picklebutt, but that name is already taken (my youngest daughter's nickname, Pickle for short..and yes, I'm serious)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's the way I feel, that the covers without flaps will open up inside my purse and something may damage the screen, etc.  I wonder Amazon didn't put a closure of some type on it.  Economics, I'm sure, but come on, it's already $29.99 for blah.  The K2 isn't blah, so why should the Amazon cover be blah?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
k_reader said:
The Cole Haan cover has the same problem... not strap... I don't want my kindle flapping open in my purse and things falling into the open flaps.

Any thoughts?
I am not too concerned about this because I don't really have loose items in my bag. Everything is in a makeup bag or pocket or compartment of some kind. Same with my weekend bag I take on trips.

But believe me, I better fall madly in love with that cover, else it's going back!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
I decided against the Cole Haan for a few reasons.

1. Price ($120 is a bit much..the $75 for the Oberon pushed my limit)
2. Interior pocket - I think they could have done better here. The one little pocket they have just doesn't look right. I prefer the pockets on both the Oberon and the Medge
3. Strap - or lack of one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
I ordered the Amazon cover, but I'm going to cancel it.  I want a cover that has a closure device and I just don't feel comfortable with the longevity of that 'patent-pending henge' doohicky.

I have an m-edge executive that I ordered for the K1 that I won't be getting and even though I have no Kindle and no practical experience with it, I really do like the cover.  So I'm going to try to exchange the red K1 I have for a m-edge red executive for K2.

I don't have the original m-edge for comparison, but I think the current style will work for me.  I have folded the cover back several times and although it doesn't lay flat I can keep it folded back with the tab closure and I can hold it either by the spine or with my hand between the covers.

I have arthritis in my hands too, but my fingers are long and my hands aren't terribly small so I think the m-edge might work for me.  Although I hope to get an Oberon eventually :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,286 Posts
I want a cover for mine too, but don't' like the Amazon one.  Blah!  I had one of the original red covers from M-Edge and loved it, the second version I hated and sent back.  I loved the blue color but didn't like the strap and inability to fold it all the way back.  The Oberon was beautiful but the wool lining was itchy and the elastic and the button were not my thing so I sold it.  I love the Noreve covers, lots of colors and they fold and hold the way I like.  So now I'm waiting for them to come out with the K2 covers.  The Cole-Haans are nice, but no way to hold it shut is a problem and the big pocket is ugly.  Waterfield is making their designs for the K2 so I might just go that route.

I may just put K2 in my padded case for my mini 9 computer and read it naked until I can get a case or I may make K2 stay home until I get a case and just use my current Kindle for travel.  Decisions, decisions! :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
I agree the big Cole Haan pocket looks dumb. What do they think I'm going to put in there, snacks? ::)

I've never used the pockets in my other covers though, so I'm hoping I won't need it and can just ignore it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
Gables Girl said:
I want a cover for mine too, but don't' like the Amazon one. Blah! I had one of the original red covers from M-Edge and loved it, the second version I hated and sent back. I loved the blue color but didn't like the strap and inability to fold it all the way back. The Oberon was beautiful but the wool lining was itchy and the elastic and the button were not my thing so I sold it. I love the Noreve covers, lots of colors and they fold and hold the way I like. So now I'm waiting for them to come out with the K2 covers. The Cole-Haans are nice, but no way to hold it shut is a problem and the big pocket is ugly. Waterfield is making their designs for the K2 so I might just go that route.

I may just put K2 in my padded case for my mini 9 computer and read it naked until I can get a case or I may make K2 stay home until I get a case and just use my current Kindle for travel. Decisions, decisions! :-\
Ah ha, you just helped me remember that Belkin padded case I bought from Target. That will at least keep it protected until I get a cover. Ok, so there goes the Belkin Sleeve.

I wish Oberon had been given advanced notice like M-Edge. Then this wouldn't be so hard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
As to Bella's name, yes she received both a royal title and a middle name. Lady Bella Paige. Yesterday, she was just Bella. She seems to be letting me know her name in stages. She's a bit pretentious it seems. All of my kindles (mine, mom's and daughter's) have named themselves before I received them. All of a sudden a name pops into my head and I know that's the one. Sadly, my daughter didn't like the name Penelope and changed hers to Orion. My mom's is Eleanor and my K1 was Edgar.
I just saw this post and realized our kindle names have something in common (in addition to our personal names). Mine is most certainly male, but his name is Bellatrix...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellatrix

Too funny!

Anyways, back OT, I'm getting the M-edge. I actually like the way the fold stands up a bit...my hand doesn't cramp when I hold it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've decided on the M-Edge Executive but I can't decide on the color.  I'm strangely (for me) drawn to the green but I'm also considering the purple or pink.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
Abby said:
I'm pretty sure I've decided on the M-Edge Executive but I can't decide on the color. I'm strangely (for me) drawn to the green but I'm also considering the purple or pink.
The green is pretty. There are some pictures on the boards here somewhere, I'll see if I can find them for you.

I'll also put in a plug for the pink, well, just because it's pink. (Can I have Stephen King's kindle? PLEASE??? I don't think you can go wrong with any of them (maybe you should get all three :) KIDDDING!)
 
1 - 20 of 230 Posts
Top