Kindle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking to buy Kindle as a gift for an elderly person who absolutely loves to read. Could you please tell me which device has the light built-in to make reading pages easier? Also is there an option to enlarge the letters? Sorry for the basic questions but I rarely use e-readers so the one I have if from a previous age. Finally, is there possibility to buy Kindle which already has some books in the storage? That could be classics or anything else really but, preferably, in Polish or with ability to choose that language? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
67,319 Posts
All the kindles currently for sale have a built in lighting system and allow the user to adjust the type style. Adjustments can be for size, type face, and boldness. You can also adjust for line spacing, margin width, and alignment (justified at the right side or not.) Which is best comes down to what you want to pay, really. More expensive ones have some additional features, but even the lowest price one is a fine device. The best value is probably the mid-range device, the PaperWhite. The Oasis might be a better choice for those with dexterity issues as it has actual buttons for turning the page, vs just swiping a touch screen. It's also got a slightly larger screen which is nice if the reader needs or prefers a larger print size.

I am not certain, though, that Polish is an available language. There are probably books in Polish, but it's not one of the default options for the menu/interface. Maybe check the Amazon website in your country for more information.

In general, you can't buy a kindle with books pre-loaded, but if you have compatible format books available, they can be loaded onto the device before you give it to your friend.

FWIW, you might also look into the Kobo brand. They have comparable models that allow for both ePub and .mobi formatted books. Not sure whether it's available with Polish for the menus, however.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts