Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a NOOK BUT I have an I Pad and a Mac.and I phone...Most of my books are on KINDLE ON MY MAC. I would like to get a KINDLE and I was thinking of getting the best one to read on a sunny day,  since that is how I spend most of my time reading. I love sitting on my porch swing and reading, but the sun usually makes it so difficult on the versions I already have. Anyone have any suggestions?
???

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The basic or the Paperwhite would work. Both are e-ink. :)

Which Nook do you have? If it's one of the e-ink versions, you could root it and then put the Kindle app on it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
All of the e-ink models read well in sunlight. If you're not looking for loads of features, then I would choose the $69 basic version. If you want something with lots of features: new fonts, back-lighting, etc. then I would go for the Paperwhite.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HCCNJU/?tag=kbpst-20

This link goes to the basic Kindle. If you scroll down the page a bit, you'll see a section that says "Compare Kindles." It gives you the specifications of all of the e-ink kindles, so that might help you see which one is best for you. :)

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
eInk is definitely the way to go.  You can find links at the top of the page, in orange, for both the Paperwhite and the $69 Kindle.

Betsy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts