Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Depends. See how helpful I am? Kindle 1 has the price advantage, the changeable battery, the SD slot. Kindle 2 stores more, turns pages faster, more shades of gray... I don't think there's a wrong decision.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I don't think anyone here can fairly say because nobody has K2s yet. I'd wait until people start getting their K2s and the honeymoon stage wears off... then the people who have one of each can give you a more balanced opinion.

Personally, I've been waiting since December, so I thought I was getting a K1 but got upgraded to a K2 automatically. At first I was bummed that I didn't get a choice to stick with the K1, but honestly I think the main reason I was upset was because I'd already ordered a K1 skin, lol. But now I'm so excited that I'm getting a K2 instead. I haven't used either, but I like the look of the K2 a lot better, the screen seems sharper and the text-to-speech thing is too cool.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Michelle did a great summary of the two & their differences.  Britt just made a suggestion I'm going to repeat.

Guess it all depends on your budget and "geekness" desire  ;)

Feel free to ask more questions if that will help your decision-making.

I'd wait until you see some of the K2 reviews here at KB.  That should help you out a lot.

Good Luck!

Marci

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Sure, Britt -- be all sensible and logical and right.  :D

·
Registered
599 Posts
MichelleR said:
Sure, Britt -- be all sensible and logical and right. :D
lol ;D I still gave my opinion! It really depends which features you want, I guess.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Britt said:
I don't think anyone here can fairly say because nobody has K2s yet. I'd wait until people start getting their K2s and the honeymoon stage wears off... then the people who have K1s and K2s can give you a more balanced opinion.
I agreewith that. However, I am sure the K2 will be a great machine. It will be available with a full warranty, while K1 will have much shorter or no warranty. It just depends on how important something like that would be to you. Both are great ereaders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts