Kindle Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
unless you are promoting a free book, Bookraid will give you the most bang for your buck as they only charge you for the actual clicks for your book while others will charge you a blanket amount based on the number of subscribers their newsletters have, even if you get 0 sales after running a promo on their newsletters that supposedly has thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of subscribers... [EDIT] and with Bookraid you not only save money, which is always good, but you also get useful stats such as how many people actually clicked on your book and out of that how many went on to buy it... all very useful information but try getting that out of the likes of ENT!
The first time I used Book Raid I had good results. Although they were widely spaced, the results for promos after that were disappointing. It could depend on the genre.

·
Banned
34 Posts
The first time I used Book Raid I had good results. Although they were widely spaced, the results for promos after that were disappointing. It could depend on the genre.
running repeat promos on bookraid is as susceptible to the law of diminishing returns as any other site, but if you get a lower sales out of running promos with bookraid, then i would assume that you would also have fewer people click on your book which translates to a lower cost to run the said promo... end result is that although you may describe your results as being 'disappointing' but you are not taking cognizance of the fact that you are now paying less, and hence a superior bang for your buck... as on any other promo site, even though your results will continue to decline with repeat runs but you will always pay them the same amount to run those promos... and that's all i am trying to get at here!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
for my free runs even when there is no sell-thru so that is why i don't recommend them for free books, but they work out much better for discounted books... at least for me they have!
Thanks - appreciated. I will definitely give them a try.

P.S. Here's a list of sites we have either used ourselves (and found to be good) or have listed for testing based on the positive feedback of others: Kindle Book Promotion

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! I'm not sure how helpful this will be as It isn't for books that have already been published, but my friend has use booksprout as a great way to get some early reviews on their books. It helped them get some traction and sales for each release. Hope this helps!

·
Banned
34 Posts
Hello! I'm not sure how helpful this will be as It isn't for books that have already been published, but my friend has use booksprout as a great way to get some early reviews on their books. It helped them get some traction and sales for each release. Hope this helps!
i had the paid plan with them because of the way they managed to underscore the whole anti-piracy thing, plus it seemed as a no brainier if i could gain up to 50 reviewers instead of the 20 i would get in the paid plan... but the problem that i had with booksprout was that their native reader base is too small to fill up even the 20 sports that the free option gives you! my book wasn't even picked up for the fist few days until i got the upgrade because then it was featured more prominently but even after that, i never got anywhere close to 20! and i am not talking about the number of reviews i got out of it as this is just the number of people to claimed the ARC!

of course, like with anything, my experience is only mine and it is entirely possible that your friend got whatever they wanted out of this service, but the way i see it... that platform only works if you are willing to bring your own reviews to the platform to review the book by mentioning that your book is available there for review in your newsletters and over your social media, which just reminds me of everything about why i got off inkitt in the first place but that is a whole different story!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts