Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see which format sells better for everyone. I'm waiting on the proof of my paperback, so I have no idea how that'll sell over there, but my ebook sales have been sluggish in the UK, despite glowing reviews. I was expecting less sales, simply because their population is a fraction of ours, but I was wondering how everyone else's European sales stack up against the US ones. And what is VAT? The UK site has a disclaimer that says "Unlike print books, digital books are subject to VAT." I'm assuming it's some kind of tax, but does anyone have any more specific info?

Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
My European print sales on the continent (in Euros rather than pounds) strongly eclipse my UK print sales. But my ebook UK sales eclipse my print UK sales.

However, I seem to have stronger ebook sales to the UK on Kobo than I do on Kindle. So I'd say overall, my ebook sales to the UK are stronger than my print sales to the UK.

·
Registered
178 Posts
E-Books always sell better for me in any region...

I live in the UK, VAT is 20% added onto pretty much everything - if you buy a car - VAT, book - VAT, TV - VAT

Everything apart from most foods has VAT added - welcome to the UK - rip-off central :)

VAT is Value Added Tax (although you don't get much value from it :))

1 - 4 of 4 Posts