Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I had my illustrator redo the typography and she gave me 6 different samples. Which do you like best??

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
I like 4 and 5. However, I think whatever you choose, the title and author name both need to be BIGGER. Especially author name.

·
Registered
409 Posts
C. Gold said:
Why is the author name so faint on all but the last two? And why is it so small?
Is emphasizing the FOUR important?

I think I prefer #2 font type with #1 layout with author name bigger/brighter.
This. And definitely bigger, bigger, bigger!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I like the layout of 1, but I think it looks better if you don't emphasize the the word "Four." The word may mean something special in your novel but I don't think it comes across in this format.

Also, as everyone else has mentioned: Make your name MUCH bigger. Your name is your brand, your readers need to see it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The first layout is okay but you pen name should be six times the current size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
None of them honestly. I know that sounds harsh, but have they considered moving the title to the lower part of that thing below the four figures? The base of it? There's tons of text room there.

ETA: More like this, maybe?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Write.Dream.Repeat. said:
None of them honestly. I know that sounds harsh, but have they considered moving the title to the lower part of that thing below the four figures? The base of it? There's tons of text room there.

This one is the only one where I can read any of the text in thumbnail size.

Love the artwork. The aspect ratio seems a wee bit squat, though. It's not off by much, but it's noticeable.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Mercedes Vox said:
This one is the only one where I can read any of the text in thumbnail size.

Love the artwork. The aspect ratio seems a wee bit squat, though. It's not off by much, but it's noticeable.
I suspect that's because the illustrator did it in an 8x11 size, which is pretty typical. Should be easily mended by cropping some of the sides out :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Wow! That is freaking awesome!

·
Registered
5,464 Posts

Definitely this one.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts

I change my vote to this one which is super looking!

·
Registered
8,154 Posts

To be honest, I prefer book title at the top and author name at bottom. Looks backward (or upside down?).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts