Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had Sundog for just a little over a week.  For the time being at least, I am happy with the case that came with it.  Am thinking about getting just a slip case -- in other words, while reading Sundog would be nekid.  Does anyone read while their Kindle is bare?  Is it hard to hold, not accidentally turn pages, hit other buttons, etc.? I want to keep Sundog small and light so he's easier to carry and slip into my bag, purse, or whatever.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Sandpiper said:
I've had Sundog for just a little over a week. For the time being at least, I am happy with the case that came with it. Am thinking about getting just a slip case -- in other words, while reading Sundog would be nekid. Does anyone read while their Kindle is bare? Is it hard to hold, not accidentally turn pages, hit other buttons, etc.? I want to keep Sundog small and light so he's easier to carry and slip into my bag, purse, or whatever.
I'm strictly a read in the cover person, but my daughter's is almost nekkid. She has a silicone cover from Vizu. I'm not sure you can buy these anymore, though. Someone told me they sometimes pop up on eBay.

The best part is that it has a little stand in the back to prop it up and she uses that which completely cuts down on the accidental page turning.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I always read with my Kindle bare.  It is much easier for me to handle.  I find that it fits just right in my left hand with my thumb right at the next page button.  There is no fear of dropping it.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
So far, I haven't put it in any kind of case. I usually hold it with the thumb of one or both hands between the screen and the keyboard, and my other fingers on the back.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I actually like it in the case.  I can fold it back (I'm using a red M-Edge) and hold the folded center spine in a way that allows me to use my left thumb to hit the page forward button and rest on the spine between pages.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I did all my reading this first week with no cover... I am trying the cover now. Bare seems a bit better. Maybe if cover was thinner, less bulky. I have small hands and I expect that may be the real difference.

B

·
0 Posts
I have used my Kindle in the OEM cover mostly, however last night I took it out and read it nekkid. BJ was coloring my hair and I thought if he splatters at least Kindle could be wiped off, but not the cover. I kinda fell in love with the feel of its nekkidness. I will probably continue to use the cover while reading out and about though, seems more secure when closed.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
BJ was coloring your hair????  What color? ;D

No way I would let my husband anywhere near my hair, I'd end up with purple fried hair, LOL!

Betsy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nekkid for me.  If I take it out of the house, or if I need a book light, I put it in its red M-Edge cover.  But I find it much easier to handle without the cover.  I like the secure "grippy" feeling of the textured back panel.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I've been reading 'nekkid' since I got Kindle, but, when the Mighty Bright arrived, I needed a cover to use for the light. Now I am using the cover because I found how to hold it. When you hold K nekkid, you have to get the holding technique down...keep your thumbs on the 'amazon kindle' logo under the screen to help with those sudden unexpected page turns.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
My Ruby is a "Cover Girl" also, decked out in her M-Edge klaret koat. I find it easier to hold her and use my thumb to turn the pages with no problems.  ;D

Linda

B

·
0 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
BJ was coloring your hair???? What color? ;D
He colored it a delightful shade of reddish-blonde. He has been doing so for many years. He doesn't like my natural grey, so I told him it was up to him to fix it. There was that one time though when he sent me to a salon...........I shudder to even think about it. lol

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
LuckyRainbow said:
He colored it a delightful shade of reddish-blonde. He has been doing so for many years. He doesn't like my natural grey, so I told him it was up to him to fix it. There was that one time though when he sent me to a salon...........I shudder to even think about it. lol
Do you rent him out? ;D

Betsy

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
LuckyRainbow said:
Can he do highlights?? :)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Kirstin said:
I actually like it in the case. I can fold it back (I'm using a red M-Edge) and hold the folded center spine in a way that allows me to use my left thumb to hit the page forward button and rest on the spine between pages.
I hold my Kindle the same way.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sandpiper said:
I've had Sundog for just a little over a week. For the time being at least, I am happy with the case that came with it. Am thinking about getting just a slip case -- in other words, while reading Sundog would be nekid. Does anyone read while their Kindle is bare? Is it hard to hold, not accidentally turn pages, hit other buttons, etc.? I want to keep Sundog small and light so he's easier to carry and slip into my bag, purse, or whatever.
I prefer reading My Kindle naked. That is, the Kindle without the cover, not me without clothing. Actually...now that I think about it... ;-)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts