Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this tip on the Amazon forums, and it's working a treat for me:

Go down to a Bed, Bath and Beyond (or really any place), and pick up a square-ish pot holder. They're padded, have some rubber on one side (good for not dropping it!), and fit the Kindle very well. BB&B has them in about a billion colors, and cost about $7.

That's what my Kindle is riding in until the Oberon/DecalGirl stuff arrives. Has the advantage of still being useful when it no longer needs to carry the Kindle ;)

Also, here's what I'm getting:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Oh that's really nice.  I didn't see that skin is that a new one they put up?  Are the pot holders ones that are open?  I'll have to go check them out.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi ajkak! Welcome....that skin and cover is my combo, too. The skin arrived today and immediately got put on my K2, Hugh. Now I am even more impatiently awaiting the arrival of the River Garden cover from Oberon....

L

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
scrappergirl said:
I didn't see that skin is that a new one they put up? Are the pot holders ones that are open?
I think all the K2 skins are technically "new," so it's hard to say :) It's called Orient.

The potholder "hack" is really just a sleeve, an alternative to mailing envelopes and other temporary cases while people wait for the "real" ones. It's great for protecting it in my purse, but I still have to read "naked" heh.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ha ha - when I was at target looking for a case, I saw a square potholder sleeve and thought of using that, but my fiancee looked at me like I was nuts :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is exacting what I have order and the skin I am thinking about.  I will be waiting to hear what you think of them together.  I love red and I can hardly wait!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess that means I have to post Before and After pics when they arrive!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts