Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this promotion was good until the end of the month, but I guess not.

Whiskey Rebels is back up to $9.99.

Glad I got it for free when I had the chance.

The other Random House books are still free though.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
OK, stupid question here, and I am probably answering my own question, but I "bought" the freebie from Amazon, but I don't have my Kindle yet...but it will still be free, right? It is in my queue...they can't charge me for it or take it away? Can they?

Now I know that when I finally get my Kindle, my intelligence will be restored! I am just so caught up in all the speculation about K1 and K2, that it kinda filters down to all the other stuff too. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
What you've bought, you've bought.  It's already yours.  Just waiting for you to download.  Take a deep breath.  It will be okay.  And realize that we all have those moments. 
deb

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
egh34, I actually posted the same question when I first ordered my Kindle (before it had shipped), so it's a natural concern. :)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Thanks for the list of book.  while not all were free or to my liking there were some great deals in your list and i ended up with three new books.  :D

I

·
0 Posts
I've had this on my Kindle for almost as long as I've had the Kindle and haven't read it yet.  I will, I promise.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Rhonlynn said:
This is a dumb question, but where on Amazon, in the Kindle store, do yu find the free Random house books?--Rhonda
I've been trying, too, and haven't found them. I even tried Amazon's advanced search with no luck.

Maybe we should try www.jungle-search.com. I haven't tried it for the RH books, yet

Vampyre said:
I've had this on my Kindle for almost as long as I've had the Kindle and haven't read it yet. I will, I promise.
It's a good book, Vampy. Besides all the obvious names you will recognize, William Duer is also a real person.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Yes, Jungle-search will help.  Select fiction as the subcatagory and it should bring up free books

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I guess I am way late on this one

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
cheerio said:
I guess I am way late on this one
Unfortunately, you are. My son read this and liked it quite a bit. I haven't read it yet.

I notice that the Kindle price is $14.30 right now but the paperback is due to be released on June 16, so the price might drop when the PB comes out.

L

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I have read this one and absolutely loved it.  It will be a book I reread at some point.
deb

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
drenee said:
I have read this one and absolutely loved it. It will be a book I reread at some point.
deb
I agree. This was a very good book. I have another of his (The Coffee Trader), but I haven't read it yet.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Gertie, I bought The Coffee Trader also, but haven't read it.  My mom and son both read Whiskey Rebels and loved it.  I wish we had read it at the same time, but we still talked about it.  They kept calling me and asking what was going to happen next.  I refused to tell.   ;)  I don't like to have a book spoiled, and I will not spoil one, even if they beg. 
deb

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
drenee said:
Gertie, I bought The Coffee Trader also, but haven't read it. My mom and son both read Whiskey Rebels and loved it. I wish we had read it at the same time, but we still talked about it. They kept calling me and asking what was going to happen next. I refused to tell. ;) I don't like to have a book spoiled, and I will not spoil one, even if they beg.
deb
Hah, you're as bad as me. I won't tell about books or movies or even TV shows. I did once, but only because I was so emotional about what happened in the book and I needed to share. My friend called me all the way from Italy. Her copy wasn't due to arrive until two days later and she couldn't wait.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts