Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a first time Kindler, so today I bought my first book.  I had WN on and 4 bars.  I waited 15 minutes and the book never showed up.  Money was charged to my account and approved.  I called Tech. Support  for assistance.  The Tech Support person had me do a few maneuvers and a reset.  With that the book I bought appeared.  He told me sometimes the transmission gets hung up somewhere and takes longer to transmit.  Has anyone had this problem with K1 or K2?  Just curious since the CS person, before transferring me to the Tech. Support, kept telling me I could download the book from "Manage My Kindle."  I told him I was aware of this, but I wanted to make sure my WN feature was working properly, since it was the first time I was trying it.   

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
With as many people there are getting new Kindles and people transferring from one Kindle to another one right now, it's bound to be slow from time to time for a bit.

If I have something get hung up, I go to Home Page>Menu>Sync & Check for new items.

That usually pushes the book to my Kindle.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much Luvmy4brats.......That's a great help should it happen to me again.  I'm glad to know this is not a problem with WN.  Sets my mind at ease.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had my original Kindle for over six months before I noticed that "Check for new items" feature.  I used to sit, wait, and pout when books didn't pop up on my Kindle right away.

You're way ahead of the game thanks to lyvmy4brats, BookBinder, and she knows all sorts of other Kindle tricks, too :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Malibama said:
I had my original Kindle for over six months before I noticed that "Check for new items" feature. I used to sit, wait, and pout when books didn't pop up on my Kindle right away.

You're way ahead of the game thanks to lyvmy4brats, BookBinder, and she knows all sorts of other Kindle tricks, too :)
Yes, I see she is a wealth of knowledge. It's wonderful to have so many people here who are always willing to help. Yes, they are all "Kindle Friendly" and I love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts