Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a KT and a replacement KT. Put all my books on the new one. Went to read my current book on the new (replacement KT), starts on page 1. Whispersync is ON, "Go to further page read" says I am on the furthest page (1). Same thing happens with my iPhone Kindle app. Anything I read on my KT and then try to read later on my phone, doesn't pick up where I left off. It used to when I had a k3, but not anymore with KT. Seems that it doesn't communicate with any other device. This is really annoying since I have had so many problems with this touch. And this is supposed to be better? Now I have to go check my other touch to see where I left off and then try to find that on the other touch? I thought all of this was supposed to sync through whispersync??? Argh!!! How do I fix this??

·
5,901 Posts
I don't have an iPhone but I've found on my Android that syncing is very hit and miss, even when my Kindles are syncing perfectly, but there's no reason why your KTs shouldn't sync.

But, I've found that sometimes syncing doesn't happen 'automatically'. When you finish reading on one Kindle, try going to the Home Screen and doing a 'sync and check for items' to make sure it's 'phoning home' to Amazon with the last location, before you check on the other Kindle.

The only settings to check are that wireless is switched on, on both devices, and then on your 'manage your kindle' page you have synchronisation set to 'on' - which presumably you have as you were able to sync previously.

Anyone else with a Touch having similar issues?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Make sure syncing is turned on - there's no reason it shouldn't be if you were using it before and haven't changed the settings but you never know. On Amazon's website, under "Manage Your Kindle" > "Manage Your Devices" is where you'll find it. If it's already on, maybe try turning it off and back on again.

If that doesn't work, be sure to do a "sync and check for new items" when you put down your KT so you know it definitely uploaded the furthest read page to be synced later. And keep wifi on at all times - if you're just turning it on so it can sync and then turning it off again, it's possible the furthest read page isn't getting uploaded.

Also, while there's no reason for it not to be, make sure your original KT is still registered to your account (maybe by getting the replacement KT, the original was somehow removed?). Is it just the original KT that isn't syncing or is it also the replacement KT? If you read on the replacement and then open it on your iPhone, does it sync? What about vice versa - iPhone to replacement KT? Just trying to determine if it's just the original KT (which I assume you'll be sending back anyway) which is the problem or whether syncing in general is the problem. If it's syncing in general which is the issue, it could be a problem with your internet connection or even your Amazon account, not the specifically the KT.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I too have been having a problem keeping my fire and my touch synced the past few days. They simply won't sync between each other, nomatter how often I try. Not sure what's going on.  ???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts