Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anxiously awaiting the big brown truck ( or the white USPS one ) with my Oberon cover and Borsa Bella bags.

I know many of you DX purchasers must be getting ready or already on watch status for your accessories.

Check in and we can post pics when they arrive.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Waiting on some faux leather & button options for remaking my Amazon cover, as well as a BB camera bag so my new point & shoot can actually go somewhere with me.

Of course, the only thing that arrived was some junk mail.  :'(

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I had a nice Priority Mail box sitting on my front porch this afternoon, containing my new BB Travel bag in Flora Roberts and a custom Hip Zip in Lunar Blue.  LOVE them both!!  I also ordered extra wristlet straps for my Travel bags (already had one in Lunar B) and Melissa made them out of the matching fabric vs. the brown webbed strap.  Looks so good together!  I still can't get over how fast her turn around time is.  I ordered on the 7th and received 4 days later........on the East coast. 

·
Registered
123 Posts
I went a bit nuts over on DecalGirl.  So I am dying for my package.  I got skins for my Kindle, for my phone, and for a Christmas present.  Their stuff was gorgeous!  Choosing was nearly impossible. 

The problem with being a Kindle user is that now I think Everything should arrive in under a minute!  ;D

Kim

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
kimmysue said:
The problem with being a Kindle user is that now I think Everything should arrive in under a minute! ;D

Kim
Too funny, Kim. The microwave of the reading world.
deb

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
kimmysue said:
The problem with being a Kindle user is that now I think Everything should arrive in under a minute! ;D

Kim
This is SO true.

**sits fidgeting waiting for USPS AND Big Brown to arrive**

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope I get lucky and my Let;s do Lunch arrives today. Not holding my breath as it was just shipped 2 days ago I think. But I am not *that* far from WA.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Well, my BB camera bag & strap DID arrive, but Melissa is literally just over a mountain range from me; most stuff is one day from her place to mine.

A little on this bag: I contacted Melissa regarding the large gadget bag; I have a new Canon G10, and for a point and shoot, this thing is huge. It's hard to find a cute carrier for it, and I hated the neck strap that came with it. Turns out, Melissa has the same camera, a few versions back. She had to make a custom sized bag for hers, and lucky for me that she did, because she knew exactly what I was talking about! :D

This is the "fun black and white" fabric in a custom sized gusseted bag. Like the original Kindle bags, it has an black strap that can either be attached to the zipper when the bag is closed to use as a wristlet, or to the D-ring on the opposite side for securing to something else. (Strap is hidden behind camera in this picture.) I wanted it this way so I could carry it on my belt loops. The matching strap on the camera was also a custom order, sized so I could keep the camera itself secured on my wrist while still being able to reach the controls. With the side gusset, the bag does not lie flat when empty; the point is to allow the thick camera easy access in & out, and still be able to put something into the front pocket. The iPhone is a bit of a squeeze when the camera is in the main section, but it IS doable. Mostly I'll be using that for spare SD cards and such.

Gotta love Melissa--tell her what you want & she exceeds all expectations!

One other package arrived so far, but that one is a surprise I'll post once I finish putting it together.

Rasputina--fingers crossed you get your bag today, I really want to see it & hear how you like it. :)

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just left to go to the market and checked the mail and my cover and my Let's do Lunch bag were here. I took pics, but the cover one didn't come out too well so I'll try and take another one of it later.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
VictoriaP said:
Well, my BB camera bag & strap DID arrive, but Melissa is literally just over a mountain range from me; most stuff is one day from her place to mine.

A little on this bag: I contacted Melissa regarding the large gadget bag; I have a new Canon G10, and for a point and shoot, this thing is huge. It's hard to find a cute carrier for it, and I hated the neck strap that came with it. Turns out, Melissa has the same camera, a few versions back. She had to make a custom sized bag for hers, and lucky for me that she did, because she knew exactly what I was talking about! :D

This is the "fun black and white" fabric in a custom sized gusseted bag. Like the original Kindle bags, it has an black strap that can either be attached to the zipper when the bag is closed to use as a wristlet, or to the D-ring on the opposite side for securing to something else. (Strap is hidden behind camera in this picture.) I wanted it this way so I could carry it on my belt loops. The matching strap on the camera was also a custom order, sized so I could keep the camera itself secured on my wrist while still being able to reach the controls. With the side gusset, the bag does not lie flat when empty; the point is to allow the thick camera easy access in & out, and still be able to put something into the front pocket. The iPhone is a bit of a squeeze when the camera is in the main section, but it IS doable. Mostly I'll be using that for spare SD cards and such.

Gotta love Melissa--tell her what you want & she exceeds all expectations!

One other package arrived so far, but that one is a surprise I'll post once I finish putting it together.

Rasputina--fingers crossed you get your bag today, I really want to see it & hear how you like it. :)
That is one cute bag. I could use a bag for my camera but I have a little Sony cybershot.

ok so even though we were on the way to the store of course I ripped open the boxes in the car. Luckily the hubby was driving LOL. I love the Let's do Lunch. I expected it to be bigger than it was and I really like the size of it. All my stuff fit in great and the key fob is awesome, so easy to reach my key ring to hit the door lock button. I had thought it was basically 1 pocket separating the 2 sides of the purse but instead it's 1 main area with 2 smaller pockets. Which was perfect to keep my iphone alone in 1 and all my other random junk like lip gloss and travel aspirin ect in the other. This is actually more convenient for me because I can just slide my hand right in and grab the phone instead of having to open the velcro on the outside pocket on my current bag.

The pond cover is really cute and I like it. I think the colors of the whimsical complement the purse nicely. The Oberon cover is really well made and they sent me a cute dragonfly charm. I got the original button because I ordered it just before the switch. All in all I'm happy and can't wait for my Kindle Travel bag to arrive.

Oh and I have an idea for my let's do lunch bag. I love the option of wearing my bags across the chest and I'm thinking about asking Melissa to make me a tie on strap in the matching black fabric of the handle so I can tie 1 large strap on both sides and wear it when I need to. I can just store it in the purse.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I know what you mean about the LDL size--I expected it to be bigger and was a little concerned until I started loading it up.  Then I realized it's a lot "bigger" than it looks!  :D  I really like the Twilight/black pairing; I'm going to have to give that one some thought.  The strap extension is a good idea!

So--the cover.  What do you think about changing the cover & skin now that you've seen the fern in person?  I have the same cover and I really like the look of it, but as far as matching my red Japanese bag....well, let's just say it's not the best fit.  Goes really well with the green in Martini Dots though.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'm literally on an "Accessory Watch". I ordered a Watch, and it's supposed to arrive today!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
VictoriaP said:
I know what you mean about the LDL size--I expected it to be bigger and was a little concerned until I started loading it up. Then I realized it's a lot "bigger" than it looks! :D I really like the Twilight/black pairing; I'm going to have to give that one some thought. The strap extension is a good idea!

So--the cover. What do you think about changing the cover & skin now that you've seen the fern in person? I have the same cover and I really like the look of it, but as far as matching my red Japanese bag....well, let's just say it's not the best fit. Goes really well with the green in Martini Dots though.
I'm torn. I really like the pond cover. And as I was reading last night I realized I'm pretty attached to my skin too. So I think for now I'm going to keep them as is. The best part about the whimsical skin is that it looks great even without the wallpaper on. I still haven't installed mine yet but I've only had the skin a month. That is my next task.

·
Registered
123 Posts
YAY!!

My skins arrived!  Woo Hoo!!  They are such nice quality, and I was really impressed with the depth of the colors.  Much to my shock, I'm actually not as crazy about Pink Tranquility as I thought I'd be.  I think its all the white.  Visually, I was much more attracted to the Lily.  I also got a skin for my phone.  I decided to do that first, since I didn't care nearly as much about it.  OMG!  What a horrible hassle!  The front had 9 separate pieces, some of them pretty darn tiny.  It of course doesn't help that I am a perfectionist.  It turned out great, though.  Now I am on to skin my Kindle :)

So excited to not have a nekkid kindle!  WOW skinning my kindle was easier than my phone by FAR.  Happy happy happy!

Kim

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
*jumps up and down* my Borsa Bella Kindle travel bag arrived today, in twilight fabric of course. Love it! It will work great for my K but also as a purse when I need to be hands free.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'm back to watching and waiting again.......took the plunge and ordered a Pond cover w/korners for my K2 in Sky Blue and the large Peacock Journal in Sky Blue from Oberon, as well as the pack of journal refills.  Hope it gets here by early next week!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts