Kindle Forum banner

How many Kindlers keep the pretty box your new friend came in?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading someone's post about how nice the box was, some of the replies from other kindlers and myself wanting to keep the box I wondered how many of us do the same.   

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I kept it for a few weeks and then just looked at it and said, yes, it's pretty but it is big and taking up space. So then I tossed it.

I am working hard on curing some of my pack-rat-itis. I cleaned out my linen closet two weeks ago and I swear, some of the ratty towels I tossed must have been at least 30 years old. And I probably haven't touched them in 20 years!

L

·
Registered
102 Posts
We have two and the boxes are on the bookshelf like treasured books.  One day they will have to leave when I get around to decluttering that shelf, but for now they are safe.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
I can be a bit of a packrat, therefore box saver.  (Nothing like on Oprah last year though.)  I have my pretty box saved inside a plastic box.  Ya know . . . I could put my two iPod Nano boxes in there with the Kindle box too.  Hmmmm.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have both Kindle boxes. Both still contain the included USB cord and one has an unused wall charger. I'm not keeping them because the box is pretty; I'm keeping them because I'm too lazy to throw them out.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Packaging like that deserves to be saved.  Mine too is next to the iPhone, iPod and Nano boxes

....heavy sigh.....

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I too am a box saver...it will sit on my bookcase as soon as I make room for it when I pass on my deadtree books to the booksforsoldiers.com

G

·
I'll save mind mainly for one thing.  If my Kindle dies and is still under warranty, I'll need the box so i can send it back.  If it dies and is out of warranty, the box will make a nice coffin.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Vampyre said:
I'll save mind mainly for one thing. If my Kindle dies and is still under warranty, I'll need the box so i can send it back. If it dies and is out of warranty, the box will make a nice coffin.
hee hee the Vampyre said coffin. That amused me.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Boy, do I feel better now.  I'm not the only one.  Yes, I kept my box.  Can't bear to throw out such a nice box.  Besides, it protected my baby while she was waiting for me to adopt her.  

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I keep most boxes for my higher end electronics, cause if I ever upgrade and buy a new one, I will resell the older model to recoup some of my money. Having the box makes it more appealing to the buyers. I also really do like this box, so it was a no brainer for me.

I do think that it is amazing they put so much thought into the design of the box and so apparently little into the the cover... must have been different departments!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Now I am feeling like I really screwed up. Oh well, c'est la vie. They're long gone (I had multiple boxes from multiple Kindle purchases).

L

G

·
Tarma said:
I keep too many boxes, but I'm much better than I used to be. Either I will find another use for this box or it could become a wrapping box for birthdays or Christmas....
YAY! a kINDLE!!! Socks? D'OH!!!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts