Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally, I only have one book that I'd like to see turned into a movie and that's "The Talking Sword" if it was done (I know it's doubtful) I'd like to see Elijah Wood in the lead role.

Who would be your first choice for the lead in your book/s?

Carl

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think Tommy Lee Jones gets the nod in Yellow Dog.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
For the Red Balloon, just two engaging child actors

For Dual, Eliza Dushku (Faith from Buffy)

And to play me in The Pet Psychic Diaries, I am going to have to go with Betty Rubble.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Nic Cage.

That's always the answer to "who should play" questions. Always Nic Cage. Crazy, crazy Nic Cage.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Until fairly recently I'd never seen anyone who fitted my mental image of Amy, but Kiwi actress Brooke Williams comes surprisingly close:

I've seen her on stage as Juliet, and in TV series as a Tolkien-obsessed Russian bride and a reincarnated Norse goddess who's a butcher by day and an emo singer-songwriter by night, so I think she's got the range. :)

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Even though she's only 5'6" and so much shorter than Becky is in MOST LIKELY, since I loved her work in THE LOVELY BONES, one actress I think has the depth to play Becky is... Saoirse Ronan!

In this pic, she almost looks like the model on my book cover....

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Been working on a certain novel for more than a decade. The protagonist is a Japanese heartbreaker. Can't think of anyone who looks more like her than the beautiful actress Kyoko Fukada. Almost makes me wish I was filming a movie rather than writing a book.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
The closest I can come to an actor for my Sir James Douglas of A Kingdom's Cost is James McAvoy:

·
Registered
977 Posts
For An Unexpected Obsession, it would have to be Charlize Theron and Chase Crawford... I envision both in the roles so easily ;D

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Content removed circa September 2018 after realizing this forum was bought by VerticalScope -- a foreign corporation with seemingly suspicious motives and a bad attitude apparently attempting to grab rights retroactively. They can have the rights to this statement!

G

·
My boyfriend actually went to great lengths to "cast" the movie version of A Game of Blood. It is one of those ridiculous activities he enjoys doing. :D He settled on Ryan Reynolds as Mitch and Michael Fassbender as Darius. He actually wrote it all down, including minor characters, in his notebook. I guess he figures if I get a movie deal we'll want to give that list to the producer. :D :D I'll have to get the list when I get home and post it now.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
George Clooney for my lead character and the guy who played Fred in the Flinstones for his sidekick, Bill. I used to picture them in the parts when I wrote Survival Instinct.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know one thing, it was very strange when I heard my book "Hell's Gate" as an audiobook, so how I would feel about seeing a story of mine up on the big screen, I can only imagine. lol

Spoken words alone seems to bring a book to life, so moving pictures would be amazing. lol

Carl

1 - 20 of 45 Posts