Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I took an afternoon off to play some Guild Wars 2 (an MMORPG), and I finished my characters personal story. Which really means I got to be epic and see the end of the game and cry that I had finished it and my character was a CHAMPION OF ORR. And I slayed Zhaitan. And Tyria was safe.

During the final cinematic type thing, this song played, and I balled like a baby.

My point is - it was the perfect 'end of a saga completion' sort of moment. And it got me thinking! If I was lucky enough, some time in the far flung future, to get my stuff turned into a movie, I'd want an epic song to roll over the credits at the very very end. Maybe not this one, (even though it totally worked for all the work I put into my damn character), but one of similar bittersweet epicness. Writing and music are pretty awesome together.

What kind of song would be at the end of your book movie? Epic, sad, orchestral goodness? Rock out victory ballad? Sweet, tinkly piano?

On a semi related note, I found the perfect face for my MC in a movie. (Barbara Meier ftw!)

It's fun to speculate, no? Aaaah, we can dream. We can dream.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Yull Brynner ... and something similar to the main theme of games of throne ...
Winter is coming (It's actually going to snow in Paris tonight).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lady_O said:
Yull Brynner ... and something similar to the main theme of games of throne ...
Winter is coming (It's actually going to snow in Paris tonight).
Oooh, I love that theme. And Yul has an interesting face. I would watch the crap out of this maybe-future-book-movie. :D

·
Registered
855 Posts
Victoria Barrow said:
Oooh, I love that theme. And Yul has an interesting face. I would watch the crap out of this maybe-future-book-movie. :D
I am a big fan of long epics, like the Fareseer trilogy of Robin Hobb, I always wonder if you need the entire map of your story when you start or if you just jump in the water and start swimming.

·
Registered
581 Posts
So you tell me:

Would this qualify as the Greatest Fighting Team of Teenage Girls Ever Assembled?

Should we get a Kickstarter going and hire them all? :)

Jessica Hoshi - Olivia Holt or Sophia Linkletter

Shannon Ka Yoru - Hailee Steinfeld

Leila Hakumei - Jennifer Lawrence

Cecilia Daichi - Mackenzie Foy

Talitha Hayashi - Dakota Fanning or Saoirse Ronan

Alanna Kawa - Emma Roberts

Ranko Yorozu - Chloe Moretz

Reina, Vicereine of Kulnas - Cate Blanchett or Charlize Theron

Roll Credits: "Unbreakable" by Fireflight

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Oh, Richard Madden would play young James, Lord of Douglas, and Ewan McGregor would play King Robert the Bruce. No doubt about it.

The credit music is harder. Hopefully, something original but still evocatively Scottish. Something like The Gael.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts