Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Ditto to noblesrus' answer.  It was a a good excuse for my husband to have a kindle of his own while allowing us both the text to speech option for car trips, etc. without having to buy an audio book in addition to the kindle or DTB version.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Because I had no choice since I was a K1 waitlister... and the price is the same as the K1 AND its thinner so it will take up less space in my purse (It well always be in its cover so too thin is not an issue for me).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Because I've loved my K1 since I ordered it 14 months ago. This upgrade looks faster and sleeker while continuing to provide the features I've come to cherish so I am definitely interested. I wont be throwing out my old K1, it will become my 'gym book' and for other high risk environments when my girlfriend isn't borrowing it.

That and I can currently afford it without taking any significant loss (thanks tax return!). 

·
Registered
148 Posts
So my mom can get her own Kindle at a greatly discounted cost (my K1).  The Kindle has recently become a twinkle in her eye, and I also think it would be nice to share books.

Of course, my mom is still deciding if she wants to buy mine right now, so I could end up cancelling my K2 order.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I am mainly buying it for the sleek new look. I personally hated the design looks of the original kindle. As a sony user as well, I liked everything about the kindle except the looks and my main thing I liked about the sony was its looks. So this will be perfect for me. I have already listed my Sony on ebay and will do the same for the kindle when my new one arrives.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't currently own a K1, but was on the wait list for one.  Actually my struggle now is to go ahead and take the K2 I have coming to me or cancel the order and pick up a barely used K1 for half as much.  Those who had K1's really loved them, so I'm thinking that it might be worth saving money and getting one!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.