Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
...er, bad news about Elizabeth Taylor. You might want to have a seat.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Well, it won't impress my mother. She died back in '02. However, she would have been thrilled. She supported me in all my endeavours and would have done so in this, too.

·
Registered
664 Posts
No, I doubt it would impress her, can't explain 'virtual' books to the aunts and uncles. Neither did she feel good explaining to them that I was a Skydiving Instructor for ten years. Couldn't understand why I didn't get a 'real' job!

·
Registered
876 Posts
;D

I've yet to impress my mother with anything I do. This makes it sound like we have a terrible relationship. Au contraire, she's just not easily impressed.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes Liz Taylor is gone but lives on in my mother's mind.

As for support...My mother is the Terminator.  she Can't be reasoned with, She Can't be bargained with...unless it impresses the neighbours.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Well, my Mom would be impressed if she were still alive.  My wife's mom though is impressed since I am selling lots of books.  She even has a Kindle and reads some of my books.

My older sisters are impressed since I keep bragging to them about my sales.  My brother-in-law and one of my sisters are both print book authors so know how hard it is to sell traditional books.

My older brother is rigid though and can't conceive of anything except a paper book that he can put in a book shelf and hold in his hand.  He is impressed with my book sales though.

It seems like most people are impressed with you just being an author and having books published.  It doesn't seem to matter what form it is in.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Franklin Eddy said:
Well, my Mom would be impressed if she were still alive. My wife's mom though is impressed since I am selling lots of books. She even has a Kindle and reads some of my books.

My older sisters are impressed since I keep bragging to them about my sales. My brother-in-law and one of my sisters are both print book authors so know how hard it is to sell traditional books.

My older brother is rigid though and can't conceive of anything except a paper book that he can put in a book shelf and hold in his hand. He is impressed with my book sales though.

It seems like most people are impressed with you just being an author and having books published. It doesn't seem to matter what form it is in.
Franklin - Tell that to my mother.
;)

·
Registered
686 Posts
My mom has been supportive of my writing ever since I was young.  She tells everyone I'm a writer.  She is so on-board with e-books.  So yeah, my mom is impressed with me being an Indie Author. 

It also helps that when I was traditionally published I dedicated my books to her.  ;D

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mobashar Qureshi said:
My mom has been supportive of my writing ever since I was young. She tells everyone I'm a writer. She is so on-board with e-books. So yeah, my mom is impressed with me being an Indie Author.

It also helps that when I was traditionally published I dedicated my books to her. ;D
Well done Mobashar. You sound quite sane.
;)

·
Registered
384 Posts
My Mom is in her eighties and she can no longer see, but she has been listening to all of my books on audio and she is loving them. Every time I talk to her she has talked another friend into buying a kindle and then she proceeds to sell them my books.  :D

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
My mother always said that I was a writer, because "authors earned money".

When I sold my first story for $100, she said "authors earn more than that".

Ha!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts