Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • Because with the beautiful, larger screen and the major improvements over the K1's design, I can never go back to the smaller Kindle size again (I'll just get an iPod touch if I need portability).
  • Because the DX has re-Kindled my lifelong book obsession. The K1 did this too, but I had almost gotten my addiction under control until I got a glimpse of this 9.7" worth of eInk goodness. Now even more than ever I'm drawn to Kindle books like a moth to a flame.
  • Because now throughout the day, more than before, I'm drawn here to share my Kindle obsession with all of you when I should be doing something else, like eating, sleeping, blah, blah, blah...
  • Because my bank account doesn't spontaneously expand itself to pay for more ebooks
  • And because there are just too many books I must read and not enough time in the day or brain cells left in my aging head to juggle too many of them all at once.

Damn you, Amazon and Jeff Bezos. Damn you both to hell...

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
LOL
Don't you make me buy a DX! I like having a place to live. ;D

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
You forgot to add that lugging that brick around is good weight training, strengthens the hands and arms.  ;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Greg, you really had me going when I saw this topic.  I had read your reviews & knew that you had spoken favorably of the DX.  I thought, "OH NO, what terrible thing happened to cause Greg to regret purchasing the DX?"

Thanks for making me laugh.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
:D  That's a good one, Greg. I *thought* that was a pretty fast 180 for you when I saw this topic! LOL

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Greg Banks said:
  • Because with the beautiful, larger screen and the major improvements over the K1's design, I can never go back to the smaller Kindle size again (I'll just get an iPod touch if I need portability).
  • Because the DX has re-Kindled my lifelong book obsession. The K1 did this too, but I had almost gotten my addiction under control until I got a glimpse of this 9.7" worth of eInk goodness. Now even more than ever I'm drawn to Kindle books like a moth to a flame.
  • Because now throughout the day, more than before, I'm drawn here to share my Kindle obsession with all of you when I should be doing something else, like eating, sleeping, blah, blah, blah...
  • Because my bank account doesn't spontaneously expand itself to pay for more ebooks
  • And because there are just too many books I must read and not enough time in the day or brain cells left in my aging head to juggle too many of them all at once.

Damn you, Amazon and Jeff Bezos. Damn you both to hell...
Oh I know what you mean.
Dang it my life will never be the same now that I have a KDX!!
hehehe and that's ok with me :)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Forster said:
You forgot to add that lugging that brick around is good weight training, strengthens the hands and arms. ;)
lol ;D

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Greg:  You brat!!  I thought you were "waffling" on us.  I posted on the returning the DX thread that you were hot and heavy on...go back to it.  Enjoy your DX.

·
Registered
501 Posts
LOL - you had me going, Greg!

(Oh, and thx for adding another temptation for me to buy ANOTHER Kindle!!!)

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad you all liked my bit of humor. I'd hoped it'd give everyone a good laugh.

You know, there's certainly nothing wrong with the smaller Kindles, but I've finally determined that reading on the KDX is just easier and more enjoyable for me because you get more of the feeling that you are reading on a full page of text. A lot of that has to do with the fact that I prefer reading at the size 4 font setting. It's certainly not for everyone, and I would think the difference would be less drastic for those who already own a K2, since this is my first experience with things like the 5-way controller. Not trying to enable anyone here, but the thing is definitely cool! :)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Well said Greg...K1, K2, KDX...or future K+++ Doesn't really matter; what matters is the Kindle, in any size and shape is making a lot of people happy and it's bringing a lot of good people from all over the globe, together; to share their love for reading.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Greg Banks said:
Not trying to enable anyone here, but the thing is definitely cool! :)
Sure you are...and it's working. I'm trying to resist, but I suspect I will ultimately fail in this endeavor...
:D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
He didn't fool me... I suspected trickery as soon as I clicked on the topic.

Funny guy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts