Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

From a recommendation on another thread, I ordered the Works of Jane Austen.  While I was at it, I got the Works of Dickens & Twain, too.

The JA was delivered just like any other book, but the Twain and Dickens automatically archived.

I've been trying to download each of them for quite some time, but it still says it is downloading and it will open automatically once the download is complete.

Why would it automatically archive those two (and not the JA) and how long does this downloading take?  I've been waiting 20 minutes!!!  Also, if I bring it out of sleep, I don't see the indicator like I usually do when it is doing something (the circle at the top left).  Should I just let it sleep?  What the heck is my Kindle doing???    ???

I thank you in advance for your help!    Wink

·
Registered
685 Posts
It certainly shouldn't take that long to download anything.

I suggest you see whether you can turn off whispernet so the download is stopped.

Then try to download your purchases to your computer and then transfer them to your Kindle via USB.

If you can't download them to your computer either, there is probably something wrong on amazon's end and you should call CS to let amazon know.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Do you have 1G or 3G service?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
With the 3G it shouldn't be taking near that long so I am at a loss as to what is going on.  I would try the sync and check for new items and see if they will download that way.  If that doesn't work I'd go the download to your computer and copy them to your kindle method.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts