Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the title says it all. I've been in the top 100 freebie lists with Inside Evil and been doing well. I just refreshed the page and it's gone back to paid!  :eek: WTH?

Does anyone know why this would happen?

Geoff

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Where else is it free? I've heard that if it's only at Smash they won't always continue to match the price.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shayne said:
Where else is it free? I've heard that if it's only at Smash they won't always continue to match the price.
It's free at Kobo Writing Life only. Maybe I should push it through on Smashwords too. This is annoying. :\

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shayne said:
Maybe use Draft2Digital to get it out to B&N and Apple as well?
Well I just reported it as free again, and switched it to free at Smashwords too. How frustrating; I was riding high with my top #39 ranking! Hmpf.

Thanks for your help! :)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it's mid-transition. The .com sales page still has it with a free rank but has a buy button. The co.uk site has lost it's ranking and has a buy button and I've just made a paid sale.

I just made free at smashwords, and resubmitted the links for both Smash and Kobo. Hopefully they'll price match again soon. ..it's just frustrating to lose rankings as I was just starting to build good sales off the sequel.

Reaper's Novice said:
Edit: Pacifier 6 was awesome. ;D.
Thanks! And you wrote a WONDERFUL review too! :D

Geoff

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
When you say "switched it to free" at Smash, are you saying you had it paid there while it was free at Zon? That never flies. They look for any reason not to price match anymore.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TexasGirl said:
When you say "switched it to free" at Smash, are you saying you had it paid there while it was free at Zon? That never flies. They look for any reason not to price match anymore.
Oh, yeah it was paid at Smash. ::) I had it free at KWL and they'd price-matched from that so I assumed all was fine. Seems not. Well, that's a lesson learned!! Thanks for flagging that up.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Yeah, if you get a certain level of sales, they send out the bot-hounds a sniffin'. You probably flew under the radar for a while as Smash rarely interests them.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TexasGirl said:
Yeah, if you get a certain level of sales, they send out the bot-hounds a sniffin'. You probably flew under the radar for a while as Smash rarely interests them.
I had racked up around 20k downloads in the past few weeks and had been at #1 spot in horror and fantasy in UK for at least a week. They probably though 'hey, we're missing out on money'. Thanks for highlighting the Smash thing. Do you use it? If so....will the free filter through to distributors, or do I have to actively click a button?

Geoff

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I use Smash for my free stuff. You do have to set your distributor in the "channels" menu, although I think they are all set to "on" by default. But you might want to turn off Kobo since you are already there.

You have time. It doesn't get sent out until Smash approves it for premium distribution, which can take 2-7 days.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TexasGirl said:
I use Smash for my free stuff. You do have to set your distributor in the "channels" menu, although I think they are all set to "on" by default. But you might want to turn off Kobo since you are already there.

You have time. It doesn't get sent out until Smash approves it for premium distribution, which can take 2-7 days.
Great. I'm already in premium catalogue, so I guess now that I've changed to free it'll have to filter out to B&N, Apple etc and then wait for those distributors to actually change the price. It's not been all bad...I've made 3 paid sales tonight as a result of the swap back. Silver linings. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts