Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Kindle 2: Why do my purchases go into the Archive Folder? I just read through the users guide and can't seem to find the answer to this.  I just purchased a book on my kindle using whispernet.  I clicked "Buy".  I then get a message 'thank you... your purchase will automatically appear in your home screen".  I go to the home screen, then i have to click "archived items", then I see the book, then it actually trys to download and the book appears in the home screen.  Is there any way to actually get the book to download "automatically" to the home screen.  Its seems like it is sitting there in the "archive" folder, and only downloads when I actually open it from the archive screen.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
When I buy them they go directly to the Home screen and are labeled "new".  I have mine sorted newest 1st.  Don't know if that matters or helps you though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hun...that is weird.  I only have one kindle, I thought it was because I had ordered a book on the computer, then had it sent.  But then I tested it the using "shop the kindle store" on the kindle and it did the exact same thing.  If I don't hear back from anyone else, I'll call CS.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have a K1 and my husband has a K2 on the same account.  When he orders a book for his K2 it goes to his home page and my content manager.  When I order a book for my K1 it goes to my home page and his archives.  Do you have more than one Kindle on your account and if so are you choosing your device for the download to go to?   There is a drop down box on the left just below where it says "Send wirelessly to".  Make sure you are choosing the name of your K2. 

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only have one kindle.  I figured this out... I must have been in a hurry.  I think what happens is it goes into the Archive folder first, then the "full" download happens and it goes from archive to the home screen.  I ordered another book, saw it sit in the archive, then 5 minutes later it did indeed appear in the home screen with a "new" label. It no longer appeared in the archive folder.

The downloads seem to take longer than I expected... I guess I just need to be patient.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine go to the archives, too!  And I only have one Kindle on the account and sort by the newest.  Let me know if you figure anything out.

Oh, read the last post.  I'm sure impatience is my problem, too.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I'm not so certain this is just a patience issue, if it's happening every single time.  Now, it could be a whispernet issue, I suppose, depending on coverage in your area.  Personally, I'm in a high coverage area--I've ordered around 15 items both directly from the K2 and from the website, at various times of the day, and never had a single item take more than about 90 seconds as long as wireless is turned on.  None of them have had to go to the archives first. 

If this was happening once in a while, I'd be inclined to think it was a minor issue--if it's always happening, that sounds like a problem for CS to at least rule out a defective device.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I just tested this with a couple free kbooks.  It does look like everything passed thru "Archived Items" before showing up on the home page.  I would think this would depend on your WN signal and size of d/l file as to how long kbook sits in Archive.  but it should end up on home screen.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I ordered a magazine last night (newsweek) from my computer and it went to Achieved file.  I've ordered books before and it went straight to my home screen.  Don't know why the difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts