Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked to see if this was discussed but haven't found it.

I purchased a Spanish - English dictionary and most word searches don't find results there. ( I am not talking dictionary results).

For instance 'viejo' appears in Oscar Wao, but doesn't get any hits in the spanish-english book. And I know it is in there.

Any idea why this would be true?  Is there some reason the formatting would be different so it wouldn't be searchable?

(I called customer service, they don't know why. And I returned the book)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is it possible that the new dictionary has not been indexed yet?  Unfortunately there is no way to know.  I wish Amazon would indicate somewhere, say in the content manager,  whether a book has been indexed.  As you might read elsewhere on the boards, the indexing of new books once downloaded can take some time.  But I'm flummoxed too.  Glad you asked CS.  Maybe someone else here can be more helpful.  Sorry! 

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Does it have the special formatting so that you can use it as your Lookup dictionary?  If so, searches might not find hits the same way.  Have you tried setting it as your Lookup dictionary, and then doing Lookup on a word that would be in the dictionary?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.