Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm genuinely confused (but delighted)! My romantic suspense The Diamond Affair, written under my other name, usually sells between 20 and 30 copies a day lately, but when I checked yesterday, I'd suddenly sold 50, then 100, then 200 and this morning (it's 9 am here) I woke up to see it is now ranked at #666 which I hope isn't an omen. ;)

The book is in Select and I did a free run on Dec 10th and 11th, but nothing since then. It's been selling steadily but not awesomely. I've tried googling, but I can't find a mention on any blogs. Could I have just caught a lucky break from Amazon? I haven't advertised this book and I don't do any social media from this pen name. Weird, but boy am I happy! I don't expect it to last. In fact, I keep waiting to see if all those books get returned or Amazon reverses them :-\

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
CJArcher said:
I'm genuinely confused (but delighted)! My romantic suspense The Diamond Affair, written under my other name, usually sells between 20 and 30 copies a day lately, but when I checked yesterday, I'd suddenly sold 50, then 100, then 200 and this morning (it's 9 am here) I woke up to see it is now ranked at #666 which I hope isn't an omen. ;)

The book is in Select and I did a free run on Dec 10th and 11th, but nothing since then. It's been selling steadily but not awesomely. I've tried googling, but I can't find a mention on any blogs. Could I have just caught a lucky break from Amazon? I haven't advertised this book and I don't do any social media from this pen name. Weird, but boy am I happy! I don't expect it to last. In fact, I keep waiting to see if all those books get returned or Amazon reverses them :-\
Sounds like someone--somewhere--has sprinkled some fairy dust! I have no suggestions as to how to find said someone, but I will say, "I hope it lasts!" :) :) :)

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Wow. That some great sales. No clue, but I'm jealous.  ;)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Congrats! That's fantastic!

Quiss said:
Admit it: you sacrificed a goat AND you invoked the name of Hugh Howey while dancing the moonlight to the sounds of WHAM!
*slaps forehead*

I knew I did something wrong. I did all of that to the sounds of Megadeth. No wonder it had the reverse effect.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quiss said:
Admit it: you sacrificed a goat AND you invoked the name of Hugh Howey while dancing the moonlight to the sounds of WHAM!
No goats or Hugh Howey's were sacrificed. Honest! The dancing, however...

DDark said:
Did you check your emails to see if Amazon did a promo mentioning your book or linking to a page that listed your book?
Nothing there. It's not discounted and it only has 2 reviews so I don't think the Zon would pluck it out of obscurity. All I could think was it may have been mentioned in a reader's forum or something. Google found nothing.

I'm alternating between this ;D and this ???

·
Registered
121 Posts
Shayne Parkinson said:
That's great, CJ!

I found this from a few days ago:
http://ebookforkindle.org/the-diamond-affair

which might be helping - it certainly won't be doing any harm!

Hoping it continues for you.
Looks like one of those review sites affiliate marketers throw up with a plugin to import a bunch of products from Amazon.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not convinced it was Goodreads. There's nothing remarkable in the number of reviews or the ratings. I don't know anything about those affiliate marketing sites. Perhaps that's a popular one???

Oh well, I'm going to enjoy this before it sinks back to obscurity. Thanks to everyone for your good wishes and trying to help me figure this out.

·
Registered
12,254 Posts
Booklending tweeted on the 23rd that your book was lendable with a link to their site and the book?
I don't think its Goodreads, I don't see anything out of the ordinary there. I didn't see anything on any of the romance sites I hang out. I didn't see it in any of the emails Amazon sends me. Its a mystery?  :p

Congrats  :)

·
Registered
12,254 Posts
I was looking all over for you on the hot new releases list and could not find you. The only way to see you there is going through "books" not kindle books. Strange.  ???

But that wouldn't be the cause of the sale spike, that would be the result of it right? I mean to get on the hot new releases you have to have a nice chunk of sales in a short time.

So the why is still a mystery.  ;D

Find out what it is, bottle it and then sell it to the KB authors here.  :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
Quiss said:
Wayyyyy to go

Damn. I have no problem invoking the name of Hugh Howey or doing any of that dancing, but do I have to sacrifice the goat?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts