Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just in my local library, again, today. I noticed they have the Bookseller, another one just called Books; then there is another one for reading groups whose name I can't recall. And those are only the ones I know of. Why isn't there at least  one glossy mag for reviewing Ebooks? It would be a  good idea as we are drifting away from the trad publishers anyway. It might possibly make more people buy E book readers if they could see what they were missing out on.

G

·
Because the target market for people who read "glossy mags" is not the target market of people who read ebooks would be my guess. ;D

Trade publications like Bookseller, Book Pages, and others make their money on advertising. Those advertisers are publishers who are promoting their books to bookstores, educational instutitions, distributors, and libraries. Such businesses use these trade publications to determine which books to stock.

Ebooks are not marketed to libraries and bookstores, but to end consumers. There would be no reason for advertisers to advertise in such a publication, and therefore no revenue stream to finance the publication in the first place.

·
Registered
12,293 Posts
Bards and Sages (Julie) said:
Because the target market for people who read "glossy mags" is not the target market of people who read ebooks would be my guess. ;D
This. I'm thinking tech-minded people who own ereaders are going to be more interested in Pixel of Ink, Kindle Nation Daily, Daily Cheap Reads, Ereader News Today, and other on-line spots for ebook readers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.