Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a huge book worm. I started reading at age 3 and haven't put a book down since. I was born with CP so as a disabled person I didn't do much physical activities so books were my friends.

I also went through alot of painful surgeries and procedures so books became an escape from the pain!

But as I get older (I'm 40 now) I find my hands cramping up while holding books and I can't read for as long as I like. Laying the book on a table isn't the most comfortable position either.

Years ago I had one of those bulky ebook readers. I hated the glare and the bulkiness of the device.

Around Halloween I saw the Sony reader in target. I loved the new technology. The new devices are now streamlined and lighter! I've been reading about the kindle on amazon, where I get 100% of my books anyway, so it made sense to get the kindle.

My parents did their "what do you want for Christmas call" and I didn't hesitate. A kindle!

Now I am waiting for my kindle baby (December 15- January 1st).

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
And I am sure, Chobitz, you will love it and find it life changing.

Congratulations and we will all be waiting eagerly with you.

L

I

·
0 Posts
I have carpal tunnel syndrome in both of my wrists.  I found holding books, especially large hard bound ones difficult at times because my hands would go numb.  This doesn't happen with the Kindle.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Congratulations Chobitz, I agree with what Leslie said. I have dystonia which is a movement disorder affecting muscles. It affects my vocal cords and neck. I had constant pain in my neck & shoulders when reading DTB. This has been alleviated with my Kindle. I am excited for you, please keep us posted!

Linda

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Congratulations Chobitz, I agree with what Leslie said. I have dystonia which is a movement disorder affecting muscles. It affects my vocal cords and neck. I had constant pain in my neck & shoulders when reading DTB. This has been alleviated with my Kindle. I am excited for you, please keep us posted!

Linda
If I remember correctly...Linda has the neck of a 30 something ;-p

You will love the Kindle Chobitz :)))

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Congrats on getting a Kindle in the near future.  :)

Hope you remembered to throw in a request for Amazon giftcards.  It's important to feed them constantly.  They consume books at an alarming rate. ;D

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Unless you put a huge crease in the spine, the paperbacks would always turn pages by themselves.  And hardcovers often took two hands to read.  I even catch myself propping Anabel against the napkin holder and reading when I dine alone. The simple pleasure of being able to read hands-free just makes me so happy.

You will love your Kindle.  I hope it's not a long wait for you.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Leslie said:
And I am sure, Chobitz, you will love it and find it life changing.

Congratulations and we will all be waiting eagerly with you.

L
Dittoing what she said! Chobitz, glad you are able to use the computer to pick & choose your Amazon books. Do you have a list of them ready for the arrival of your Kindle baby?

We are all looking forward with you for the day it arrives,

Marci

·
Registered
186 Posts
My wife has Parkinson's and was just not able to manage a paperbacks or hardcover so I bought her a Kindle about five months ago.  She has taken to it with enthusiasm and is reading avidly again.  We have always been readers from childhood on so getting back her ability to read has been life changing for us.  I just had to get one for me and now haven't bought a pbook since I got mine.  We are happily Kindleing away, as I'm sure you will be soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts